Monday 11/28/2016 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Either turkey soup or spinach tagliatelle with tomato sauce.

SO and I had a fa tactic lunch with my sister at an Italian restaurant. I had fusilli with rock shrimp in a roasted tomato and spinach butter sauce and espresso and pistachio gelato. WOW! SO had a margharita pizza, sis had a smoked chicken pizza.

As a result, not too hungry. As I have a condo board meeting tonight, we'll just grab something later on.

I hung ornaments on the dogwood by the road and strung lights on the pine tree in front of the house. Inspired by the seasonal decorating, it's shrimp on the grill, along with basmati rice and broc.

DW took the chook that I had planned make Coq au Vin with and decided to roast it. Sides were some kind of Indian veggie dishes: spinach and lentils was one, and the other looked like cat vomit.

It was all tasty, nonetheless.

Fresh spinach salad, leftover roasted turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. All while smelling the pot roast in the crock pot. I put only a chuck roast, beef stock, a bay leaf and a pint bag of my frozen caramelized onions from the garden, in the crock pot. It smells heavenly.

We cleaned up some leftovers tonight: DH had sliced pot roast heated in gravy over mashed potatoes and a little Thanksgiving stuffing he stole from me ;). I had turkey over the rest of the stuffing, topped with turkey gravy.

Made a pot of simple chicken soup last night - just carrots and onions with the broth and chicken pieces. Cooked up some orzo in chicken broth to add to the soup today, and we had that. In spite of cooking the orzo, it's still sucking up broth from the soup. Looks like we could end up with a never-ending pot of chicken soup!

Attachments

• 2016-11-28 20.07.50.jpg
    2016-11-28 20.07.50.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 147
Made a pot of simple chicken soup last night - just carrots and onions with the broth and chicken pieces. Cooked up some orzo in chicken broth to add to the soup today, and we had that. In spite of cooking the orzo, it's still sucking up broth from the soup. Looks like we could end up with a never-ending pot of chicken soup!

It looks like celery in there. Yum

Looks delish, CG. :yum:

Nothing worth mentioning here...just a few spoonfuls of this and that, and managed to empty out a couple of containers...ready to start anew. :)

Love my slow cooker... sauteed a slew of red onions in butter, sprinkled on some flour, thought I still had some beef stock.. oops... had to use a carton but threw in some frozen chicken stock, couple of sliced garlic buds - let it go on low for 5 hours.

toasted a slice of frozen Western Garlic Bread. Cubed it. Placed on a bowl of the Onion Soup, covered with Gruyere and popped it in the life saving toaster oven*.

Perfection!

*New stove arrives Thurs. Hook up on Fri.! I will probably be incommunicado for quite some time as I drown in roasting baking sauteeing grilling frying boiling stewing and maybe some things I haven't thought of yet but just dreamed about in my deep subconscious.

Darling wife has the deep space probe on Tuesday so she can't eat solid food. so I took off to the local Chinese buffet (she hates it). So I am caught up on Chinese food.

Had a customer come in and buy two striploins yesterday. Had us douse them in steak spice before wrapping, then realized they forgot their wallet. So, we couldn't resell them. Brought them home and had them with baked zucchini and cauliflower...

Back
Top Bottom