Monday 12/12/11 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too. Saturday night I grilled us a couple of NY strips. It was between 2/3 and 3/4 Lb. I couldn't finish it. Had it for lunch today.

Yeah, that's weird.
I think I'm at that time in my life where a 6 oz steak from Omaha sounds good. :LOL:

Hot chicken sandwiches on whole grain wheat bread. I used the leftover rotisserie chicken from Costco and homemade stock to make the gravy. The gravy started out sort of bland so I added tarragon, then oyster sauce, then Grace's hot sauce for meat and fish, then a bit of salt, and finally some Worcestershire. It was pretty tasty. Served Danish red cabbage with it.

dw made a roast chicken (great deal at bj's, 2 decent sized birds for $6), nuked spuds, a can o' sweet corn, and whole berry cranberry sauce.

Whew. it’s not just me. I was beginning to think they put Fillers in the water disguised as Ice Cubes. :ohmy:
Late breaking news. Restaurant French fries, even if twice cook perfect the first time, re-heat well in a dry pan. There is a juggernaut of oil in them and they are best served with a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkle of dry rub or herbs in the cupboard and steak sauce. Especially good as a midnight snak at 3 a.m. And some cookies and Ice Cream. :pig:

This never happens. Went out for lunch today and came home with a half burger and huge amount of leftover french fries. I usually can clean my plate with the best of them. It was too much. So, dinner, if I get hungry later, warmed up FF and half a juicy lucy.
:LOL:If you make 2 large pizzas and there are only 2 people, chances are, there will be leftovers...1/2 for me, 3/4 for DH.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom