Monday, 12/12/16, dinner. What's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having a Cajun meatloaf done in sort of a shepherd's pie technique. Pics later.

Instead of the usual ground beef and pork used in this Prudhomme LA Kitchen recipe, we used 1 lb of g. beef and 1 lb of the bulk andouille Craig made over the weekend. There is a layer of the veges off to the side on top of the meatloaf underneath the mashed potato layer, but they kind of get mushed in and you can't see them. They are supposed to be jullienned (sp?) but it can make the dish a bit hard to eat, although the veges don't get "lost" if you do them that way and it's prettier. Oh, we also cut the spice mix in half for the meat since we were using andouille.

BTW, it is done through. The bulk andouille is pretty red due to the paprika and cayenne that went into it.

37240-albums1041-picture6762.jpg

If I don't get cracking soon, it will be PB&J sandwiches! We'll be having braised cabbage, breaded pork chops, homemade applesauce, and twice-baked potatoes with some Boursin cheese that must. be. used. Pics later, too, if we don't scarf it all up before I get my camera ready. :LOL:

It's sloppy joe night! Spinach salad with sliced cukes and blue cheese dressing along with a handful of chips to scoop up the sloppy drips.

Looks tasty, Med.

I'll probably have leftovers from yesterday's craft service table. Chicken in lemon sauce, and penne alfredo.

Ended up roasting some small beets while the chops were in the oven, just for color. Everything else was so beige! Himself said it was "perfect". I'm pretty sure he meant the food...or maybe he meant me. :D

Attachments

• 2016-12-12 22.32.59.jpg
    2016-12-12 22.32.59.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 136
CG, of course he meant you. :)

And you are an honorary Scandinavian with the all beige plate. (OK, so it's not a white out. But all beige is close)

Last edited:
Looking good Med!

We're having a Dawg inspired dinner tonight. Her recipes for that perfect Tomato Soup, and her mayo/panko chicken nuggets.

Awww, Kay! Thank you! Hope you enjoy!

I need to make some more of that disgustingly good tomato soup.

We're still snacking on the Stove Top Stuffing chicken nuggets. I can't make food for two people, it must be for eight. Even though we're missing the other six people.

Mmm. Med, CG, and S&P, hope you saved me a bite!

Last edited:
White Out! :ohmy: Gah! No! That's what Penn State does when the Buckeyes play them in Happy Valley. No White out!

Pretty sure Himself meant dinner. Unlike some meals, I didn't get a smooch this time. :( Romantic, he ain't. :LOL:

Oh, c'mon. Everyone says their spouse isn't romantic.
When was the last time you wore an I Dream of Jeannie costume, or a Dallas Cowgirl outfit for him (wait, that's just me)
Nevermind.

Himself should call me and we'll talk.

Last edited:
Bucky, I would love to see you in your Jeannie or Dallas cheerleader costumes! Please post on the Random Pictures thread!

Awww, Kay! Thank you! Hope you enjoy!

I need to make some more of that disgustingly good tomato soup.

We're still snacking on the Stove Top Stuffing chicken nuggets. I can't make food for two people, it must be for eight. Even though we're missing the other six people.

Mmm. Med, CG, and S&P, hope you saved me a bite!

That soup is always killer just as written Dawg.

I'd never done chicken nuggets your way, but now I'm convinced. I'm normally a chicky thigh type, and don't know that I've ever done actual breast nuggets your way before. The mayo coating of the breast chunks and shaken in a baggie of Panko with a healthy helping of "Arizona Dreaming" in the mix from Penzey's was perfect. A 1lb. Dolly Parton breast gave us 14 pieces on a rack in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for 20 min. We used our preferred salad dressings as a dipping sauce.
Yummmmmm

Last edited:
Bucky, I would love to see you in your Jeannie or Dallas cheerleader costumes! Please post on the Random Pictures thread!
OutSTANDing, Dawg! :ROFLMAO:

...When was the last time you wore an I Dream of Jeannie costume, or a Dallas Cowgirl outfit for him (wait, that's just me)...

Sorry, nope. In case you haven't heard, baseball (AKA the only game created by God) has outlawed that sort of thing during this last round of contract talks. No more cheerleaders or Hooters girls from the latest class of rookies. :( Still, baseball goes on. Indians' pitchers and catchers report in just under two months (2-12-17). :w00t2: Play Ball!

I made a new meatloaf recipe - I think it is Ina Garten's. It was good. I used GF breadcrumbs and coconut milk in place of regular milk and neither seemed to be a problem. I liked the fact that you sauteed the onion before putting it in and roasted garlic for the "gravy".

I roasted potatoes, carrots, red onion, and cauliflower in the same pan as the meatloaf and served bread to mop up the good gravy!

I will definitely make this one again.

Back
Top Bottom