Monday, 16. Dinner suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cara

Master Chef
I have no idea what to do today..... Would like to take a day of meat, but I think hubby will complain...

I could imagine some chop suey thing...

cara, help us out here. give us some ingredients you have in your hause. then we can give you recipe suggestions.

hmm.... still got some rabbit legs... I think they have to go away... or I must freeze them...
what else? Frozen beef... all variations.. veggies... potatoes, carrots, onions, broccoli, red cabbage...
and of course pasta ;o)

Maybe I stew the legs with garlic and serve it wirh red cabbage... and Spaetzle.. but I don`t have any eggs...*hmmm* must go out and buy..? ;o)

I can't give you any suggestions about rabbits as I don't eat them, but from the rest of your stock, how about a nice stew? Defrost and cut the beef in small pieces, brown it in a skillet with onions, then add the rest as you cook it in red wine, tomatoes from tin and bouquet garni... it should be ready within 3 hours... nice for a cold wintry day!!

I was thinking nearly the same thing, sans red wine. (Although that's a yummy idea!)

I thought of having you cube the beef and root vegetables, put it into your slow cooker on low all day, along with whatever fresh herbs you have, a cup of beef broth (or you could make the dry onion soup mix that was posted here a couple of weeks ago) and then purchase a big crusty sourdough loaf.

We're having leftovers from last night. The pizza etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cara said:
hmm.... still got some rabbit legs... I think they have to go away... or I must freeze them...
what else? Frozen beef... all variations.. veggies... potatoes, carrots, onions, broccoli, red cabbage...
and of course pasta ;o)

I'm with the other rabbit person. But you do have beef and cabbage and my suggestion would be stuffed cabbage rolls or Carpathian Cabbage.

Here is a link you may find helpful
http://dgroups.bhg.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=1086.6&nav=messages&webtag=cooktocook
Carpathian Cabbage

1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 sm head cabbage
1 can tomato soup undiluted
1 tablespoon garlic flavored vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
-------
Brown beef in large skillet pan and stir in the chopped onion, saute until tender. Quarter cabbage, chop fine to a shred. Drain fat from beef and stir in tomato soup and rest of ingredients except cabbage. Stir well, now add the cabbage and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally. This goes nicely over steamed brown or white rice or buttered noodles. You choose.

Yep.. stew! Warm and comfy sounds really good Cara. Or even a beef stew.

We're having the lamb and garlic bread and veggies that I
was going to make yesterday but never got around to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom