Monday 16th July Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to harvest lots of basil from my garden before it flowered so I made a big batch of pesto. Have nice nice tomatoes from the garden too so, grilled chicken breast with pesto and a Panzanella salad.

I making a boneless pork roast in with carrots, celery, onions, and garlic. Also baking some small red potatoes and I'll probably cut up the last of the zucchini from the garden and some cucumbers.

Yeah, it's not amaranth, although he sells that, too. This particular vegetable tastes exactly like regular leaf spinach, but has a much thicker stalk. The stalk is actually the best tasting part, I think.

Edit: It may be "Malabar Spinach", aka saan choy. The photo looks similar:
saanchoy.jpg

Steve, that looks very similar to our baby spinach over here
thumb.gif

another change of plans for us.

exhaustion is catching up to me again (4 days until vacation, though), so i slept until 3pm. woohoo, 5 hpurs sleep! :ermm:

so after cleaning the pool, swimming with my boy and patching a leak, dw surprised us with a nice dinner.

delicious crab cakes to start, then a roast pork loin, grilled asparagrass, corn on the cob, and french bread and butter.

delicioso!

Sounds like you have had a wonderful afternoon and a yummy dinner Tom :)

Your wife sounds like a great cook :chef:

I have no doubt you taught a few things ;)

I have made my Steve into a wonderful cook and of course all he is learning from Masterchef :)

You must have been dreaming of food with all that cooking going on, Tom. You probably even saw yourself turing the asparagus on the grill ;)

I think I will fix up some soft shell tacos tonight. I have some lettuce and a tomato to use up. Can't think of a better way to use them since others in the house don't eat salad!

I stir fried some onions and ground beef and then I added defrosted, frozen "stir fry mix" vegis, grated creamed coconut, and sesame seeds. Not spectacular, but not bad for a quick supper. Had white wine with it.

I used a chicken thigh to make chicken broth for split peas with ham, then used the chicken thigh to make a sandwich with Swiss cheese and bacon on rye.

Glenn received a couple of quite nice gift cards to Outback Steakhouse for his birthday. He decided we should go out and enjoy a nice dinner before I get my hand in a cast, so....

Great meal and we came home stuffed with a "take home" box to boot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom