Monday, 2/20/2017, what's cooking at your place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had dashi broth with udon noodles, pork meatballs, spinach, enoki and beech mushrooms.

37240-albums1071-picture6875.jpg

I created a chicken and rice casserole with browned chicken thighs and some misc. veggies I had on hand.

Oh that pot looks like it would hit the spot here today Med.

I'm pan frying some highly seasoned ground lamb patties, to be served over garlic and oil sauteed fresh spinach with grape tomatoes. I also made some Tzatziki sauce.

med and Rock, I would be a happy camper at either of your houses anyday.

We had bison steaks, mashed yukon golds, bagged salads, and toasted roti breads.

Medtran and Rock....those both look absolutely delicious! :yum:

Kay...lamb here, too. Only thing is, I didn't make it. :ermm::LOL: I went out for a late lunch today and had a gyro with Tzatziki. It was very good but couldn't finish it all what with the side of hummus and all, so I brought home some for an evening snack.

Joey and bucky....elk burgers...bison steaks.....OMGosh, yum! :yum:

I heated up the leftover Italian pot roast from last week and made polenta in the Instant Pot to go with it. I added pepper Jack and Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses, white wine vinegar and grilled corn kernels frozen last fall to the polenta. Salad with greens from the garden and a little toasted homemade bread on the side.

I have quite a bit of leftover polenta (one cup makes a lot!), so I'll try frying some of it later this week.
0220172005a_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking dinners Med, Roch, and GG.

We had chickie-veggie soup. Cooked up my last batch of Amish noodles for it. I'm wondering, though, at what volume does a pot of soup become a vat of soup. :ermm: We have lots of soup left over. The freezer will thank me - and so will my future self when I can pull it out for supper.

Sounds like everybody had a lovely meal last evening. Rock, that chicken and polenta, mmmmmm!

Good looking dinners Med, Roch, and GG.

We had chickie-veggie soup. Cooked up my last batch of Amish noodles for it. I'm wondering, though, at what volume does a pot of soup become a vat of soup. :ermm: We have lots of soup left over. The freezer will thank me - and so will my future self when I can pull it out for supper.

BAHAHAHA!!!
I know right CG?!
Whenever I start to make soup, it always happens... I start off with what I feel will be the appropriate sized vessel and notoriously, about half way through the process, I have to pull out a larger pot and transfer it. :huh::ermm::LOL:
The past coupla days, I've been working on a batch of Hawaiian Style Portuguese Bean Soup, very popular back home, so many different recipes out there, ya know, my family makes the best and all that ... soup doesn't photograph very well, does it? Anywhos, I wound up portioning off 12, yes, TWELVE CUPS of soup and it still needs to have to macaroni added to the bowl for service.
BAHAHAHAHA!!! :ROFLMAO:
( note:I only make this soup like maybe once a year. ;) )

How did you get the yellow cheese to turn white?;)
It's mozzarella under Bad lighting. :ermm: :(
I have a hanging light fixture with 5 bulbs and it is really bright. But for some reason my pics come out dark. I needed more light now that my vision is not so good. When I had a 2 bulb light fixture, dim kitchen my pics looked better. I can't figure it out.

Man, that looks good, mofet. I'm cravin a really cheesy and saucy pasta. :yum:

Thank you buck.

Last edited:
It's mozzarella under Bad lighting. :ermm: :(
I have a hanging light fixture with 5 bulbs and it is really bright. But for some reason my pics come out dark. I needed more light now that my vision is not so good. When I had a 2 bulb light fixture, dim kitchen my pics looked better. I can't figure it out.

Thank you buck.

That explains it MsM! It looks just scrumptious. That dish was my kids number one birthday dinner request when they were growing up. I always did mine with spinach in the filling too. :yum:

That explains it MsM! It looks just scrumptious. That dish was my kids number one birthday dinner request when they were growing up. I always did mine with spinach in the filling too. :yum:
Thank you.
I usually serve steamed baby spinach and/or salad with mine. I think I will make it again this weekend with fresh baby spinach (chopped, steamed and squeezed dry) in the filling. Side note the ricotta I used this time was nice and thick. I didn't need to add an egg to the filling to bind it. It was tight enough without it.

Back
Top Bottom