Monday, 2/28/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure yet, have rehab this morning, the laundry I didn't do yesterday and my class tonight.

I WAS going to make ham and beans but was tired after all the partying yesterday and neglected to soak the beans. DH has class so I'm thinking just warm up some of the leftovers in the fridge. We'll be going away next week so need to clean it out anyway.

Working late tonight so breakfast for dinner... Potatoes, red onion, green pepper, carrots, ham, and ruffled eggs on top...

I'm thinking of making a pizza for tonight. The Italian bread recipe that I have been using tastes like it would make a good crust. I've got some pepperoni, beer brats (that I'll slice) and capicola. I just need to make a mushroom run. It should be nicely loaded.

Ooooo, that sounds good pacanis! I think I'll make some pizza on the grill later on this week. We've got some storms moving in so it looks like soup is in order. I think I'll make some white beans and mustard greens soup with some cornbread.

We've had nearly 6 inches of rain and severe storms, some tornadoes, the last several days and it's still raining and blowing. That can only mean one thing...SOUP.

I'm going to drag out my clam chowder recipe and stir that up and we'll have a tossed salad and French bread along with. Key lime pound cake for dessert.

I'm ready for spring!

It's a poached egg cooked in saran wrap, it gets it's name from the ruffly look the egg white has... Great for when you don't have the freshest eggs, or you don't want spider legs trailing off your egg... ;):)

I would be concerned about that. There is significant info about the dangers of boiling/steaming foods in plastic wraps. The concern is the release of carcinogens that will transfer to the food. Many manufacturers' sites now specifically tell you not to us their product like that.

Try using a biscuit or round cookie cutter in the water to contain the egg until it sets.

I still haven't tried grilling a pizza, Mama. It's on my list of things to do though.

You REALLY need to try it....it's incredibly good and FAST. If you have a lot of toppings you want to put on it, when you flip it, you may want to take it off the heat , add the toppings, and then put it back on the grill and close the lid to heat the toppings so you don't burn the crust. The taste is amazing.

No evening meal here today. I'm still too sick to drag myself out of bed and in to the kitchen. DH will fend for himself, after work, he's pretty good at that. Probably left over pizza ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Last edited:
Quick one tonight. The red beans I made yesterday. Warm it up and cook the rice, done.

Craig

DH wanted hoecakes with the white bean and mustard greens soup. We've got some bad weather coming in so I didn't want to be in the kitchen when it hit so dinner is ready early tonight.

Attachments

• white-bean-mustard-greens-soup.jpg
    white-bean-mustard-greens-soup.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 162
  • hoecakes.jpg
    hoecakes.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 162
No evening meal here today. I'm still too sick to drag myself out of bed and in to the kitchen. DH will fend for himself, after work, he's pretty good at that. Probably left over pizza ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking
I hope you feel better soon!

I will be having chicken leg-quarters, just seasoned and roasted, a baked potato with butter, and probably broccoli. Cantaloupe for dessert.

:)Barbara

Pasta sauce over rice with lots of mushrooms, salad with strawberries and nuts, home made rolls, roasted brussels sprouts and baby bok choi in butter with toasted pecans
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom