Monday, 2/7/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Yhe prok loin that wasn't thawed in time yesterday will be cooked today in some fashion yet unknown.

Amy plans?

Monday is always super bowl leftover day for us. Cause someone always cooks too much.:angel:

Ribs, teriyaki skirt steak, marinated chuck arm sliced thin, shrimp, taco dip and veggies.

Those are my "Amy" plans. ;-)

Depending on how busy the day is, I have pulled out of the freezer:
ham steaks
boneless chicken breasts for a casserole or caesar salad
tri-tip roast for sliced beef sammies (been craving these!!)

If I go with the beef I need to run to the store because I would want the sammies on kimmelweck rolls. Yummmm

Depending on how busy the day is, I have pulled out of the freezer:
ham steaks
boneless chicken breasts for a casserole or caesar salad
tri-tip roast for sliced beef sammies (been craving these!!)

If I go with the beef I need to run to the store because I would want the sammies on kimmelweck rolls. Yummmm

Go w/the tri-tip!!! I don't know wth a kimmelweck roll is, but ciabatta bread is great w/some swiss to make french dips. You better take pix and show us!!!:mad: ;):LOL: Sounds great!

Go w/the tri-tip!!! I don't know wth a kimmelweck roll is, but ciabatta bread is great w/some swiss to make french dips. You better take pix and show us!!!:mad: ;):LOL: Sounds great!

LOL ok, if I go that way I will take pics!!

A kimmelweck is a regional thing, very popular in the Buffalo area. "Beef on Weck" can be had at practically every restaurant. Similar to a French Dip but I would get smacked for saying that. The roll itself is like a Kaiser roll but with course ground salt and carraway seeds on top. VERY yummy.

Off to work soon, leaving spaghetti (at the request of my youngest) for dinner here. Simmering and smelling delicious right now. I might have to pack some for myself.

I took round steak out yesterday but we ended up having sandwiches, so we are having Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans for supper tonight.

:)Barbara

el pollo sirloin bowl. it has rice, pinto beans ,pico de gallo and grilled sirloin steak. maybe some green bean crisps. yeh it is all pre done for me. love it.

And I was going to ask for the recipe....

Cobb salad from a recent Disney CB that our grand-daughters gave us for X-mas. We had some leftover turkey breast that I had grilled/smoked last week. We also used a rouquefort that we really adore from France. It is the Papillon brand black label. Last time I was in Marseille, I brought back 2 kilos. We just discovered a local source for it, but the price is really high. If we buy it is small amounts, it isn't so bad.

We found the place, The Cheese Course, after watching a local PBS show hosted by Michele Bernstein, "Check Please".

Craig

Chicken Fried Rice, Veggie Spring Rolls and California Rolls, delivered...I didn't get the dishes done and I decided I didn't want to cook. The wind is horrendous and it's blizzarding, yes the delivery person will be well tipped!

I forgot to add what's for dinner in my other post.
Pot Roast, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots and Green Beans.
Buttermilk Biscuits.
Lemon Cake

Fritatta with mushrooms, napa cabbage, shallots, roasted tomatoes, roasted garlic and little chunks of Jarlsberg cheese.

Tuna salad with lots of chopped sweet onion - open faced sandwich on pumpernickel bread. Green salad on the side.

Boneless pork loin cutlet breaded and fried in peanut oil, mashed potatoes and steamed and buttered fresh chopped baby spinach.

img_967035_0_3acea6e4d2f39b78550da87e93887ceb.jpg

Boneless pork loin cutlet breaded and fried in peanut oil, mashed potatoes and steamed and buttered fresh chopped baby spinach.

img_967045_0_3acea6e4d2f39b78550da87e93887ceb.jpg
I just cant eat spinach cooked, but make that a pile of green beans, and I'm in heaven! That looks great! I can almost taste it. I just heated up leftovers from last night!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom