Monday 3/12/2012 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's beautiful here, rain and all, 70's all week in March, in Ohio no less. Just had to fire up the grill. Bacon cheeseburgers with all the fixins, and beer battered onion rings. My apartment smells like fire and grease, good times.....

Cauliflower soup:

Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I added some carrots and roasted garlic, some of my friend's curry powder while roasting the veggies. Subbed out the chicken stock for veggie stock--and more curry powder (probably about 2T), kefir lime leaf, curry leaf. Took out the leaves, pureed the soup...Yum-yum-yum. I am supposed to bring leftovers to a friend...don't know that there will be any.

Chicken Parmesan and Spinach (made mostly from leftovers)

6eiHQgwa

Cauliflower soup:

Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I added some carrots and roasted garlic, some of my friend's curry powder while roasting the veggies. Subbed out the chicken stock for veggie stock--and more curry powder (probably about 2T), kefir lime leaf, curry leaf. Took out the leaves, pureed the soup...Yum-yum-yum. I am supposed to bring leftovers to a friend...don't know that there will be any.
Here's a pic of the soup-garnished with some peas, cilantro, and sour cream cut with buttermilk.

Attachments

• All pics 296.jpg
    All pics 296.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 187
That looks delicious. I love cauliflower soup but haven't had it for awhile.
Thanks--I scored some inexpensive cauliflower, nice looking, tasty cauliflower (I didn't know it was so tender until I got home) when I went to NY yesterday...roasting it and sprinkling it with curry powder during that process, as well as when the flavors were "marrying" in the pot made a very nice soup. I don't make cauliflower soup very often, but this variation is definitely on my "do again" list.

Chicken Thighs drenched in Robusto Italian Dressing

A veggie medley, with some chopped into rice to give it a different flavor for a change....

img_1119153_0_8a068ee61c570245e0d756c18a2a13f6.jpg

img_1119153_1_41c613c27dce971f4664f55b78da469e.jpg

Chinese takeout
Mu Shu shrimp
Rice pudding from the dairy section of the market. It was pretty good. Tonight I may try the coconut flan.

Back
Top Bottom