Monday 3/12/2012 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am still not qutie sure. I have bacon and want to make either bacon and corn waffles or buttermilk waffles, eggs and bacon. OR It's so beautiful out hub may want to go out for a ride and dinner out at the Cracker Barrel.

Any plans?

Chicken and broccoli and red pepper stir fry. I have thin slices of chicken breast marinating in a mix of fresh garlic, ginger, soy and orange juice for it. Over white rice.

We haven't had tuna-noodle casserole in a long time, so I think we will have that and baby peas for supper tonight. :yum:

We haven't had tuna-noodle casserole in a long time, so I think we will have that and baby peas for supper tonight. :yum:
Tuna noodle casserole!?! I thought that was for Fridays during Lent! Do you top it with potato chip crumbs to make it more palatable if there are children partaking? Heavens, how I hated it (canned tuna tasted a lot different in 1965 than it does now, I truly hated it). Mom used to put the peas into the casserole as well, rather than as a side, and then we'd almost always have a green salad on the side. I was SOOOOOO happy to see Easter come!

Burritos: Taco meat and shredded cheddar rolled into small flour tortillas and toasted in the oven.

Had a very, very busy weekend, wanted to sleep in. Husband and dog woke me. Napped. Now I'm looking at frozen, per-seasoned chicken wings, three potatoes. I want to learn how to cut French fries in my new food processor. I'll bake rather than fry, which means I have to get the oven timing right. Odds and ends to make a salad.

Monday

Lunch for me, was seared fresh salmon and arugula salad, with a sparkling water.

Dinner: light at Tapas Bar, it is cod fish season, so cod grilled in olive oil with tomato, and white wine chilled. A thin slice of chapata Italian bread or Hogaza Galician bread for dipping ...

Simplicity. Have nice evening. It is already 20.15 hours here.
Margi.

pasta with kale, sauce, and spicy Italian sausage.

cleaning the ovens as it is warm enough to open the windows to help vent.

I am making bbq'd chicken sandwiches for dinner. It's in the crock-pot now. I'm not sure of a side, yet.... probably just a pickle and chips.

Tuna noodle casserole!?! I thought that was for Fridays during Lent! Do you top it with potato chip crumbs to make it more palatable if there are children partaking? Heavens, how I hated it (canned tuna tasted a lot different in 1965 than it does now, I truly hated it). Mom used to put the peas into the casserole as well, rather than as a side, and then we'd almost always have a green salad on the side. I was SOOOOOO happy to see Easter come!
My mom used to crumble flake cereal (such as Total) on hers, but not to make it palatable (we have always loved her tuna noodle casserole), just for crunch. I did for awhile, but I usually just do it without cereal. I am a Christian but have never observed Lent, so I don't have certain days for certain foods. :)

I'm thinking a beef and vegi stir fry. Hmm, am I in the mood to velvet the beef?

That will have to wait 'til tomorrow. We have to bring some toner back to Bureau en Gros (Staples) today, so we will go out to supper at the Brasserie Manoir. I will probably have pig's knuckle with sauerkraut.

Simple burgers here. DH is teaching and I have choral society so I have to make something easy for him to warm up since I leave before he gets home.

dw was able to hold out for over two weeks, but she couldn't anymore and made a plain roast chicken.

i was hungry after a day of sanding and painting the metal basement door, so i have to admit it was really good.
but i saw another chicken in the fridge... :(

dw was able to hold out for over two weeks, but she couldn't anymore and made a plain roast chicken.

i was hungry after a day of sanding and painting the metal basement door, so i have to admit it was really good.
but i saw another chicken in the fridge... :(
It's a PLOT I tell you! A PLOT!! "If I get him to do enough work around the house, we can rid the world of plain roast chickens in no time!" :cool:

Back
Top Bottom