Monday 3/26/2012 What's cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A new recipe from the card-file here tonight. It is a sesame beef pot roast.

I planning on roasting some potatoes on the side and steaming some green beans and snap peas.

Added rice as a side, but I was all out of snap peas. Still, it came out really good.

Attachments

• AllDishes.jpg
    AllDishes.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Plate1.jpg
    Plate1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Plate2.jpg
    Plate2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 165
After my Dr. appointment. my granddaughter and I went to Cheeseburger in Paradise. I had a Sweet Spicy Chicken Sandwich w/Sweet Potato Chips. It was pretty tasty. I will have to try to copy the Dragon Fire Sauce. It was a little too sweet for my taste but good.

Tonight I am having Bimini bread and a sort of bean/minestrone soup.

It is very cold, sunny and windy!

The soup is a collection of odds and ends I found squirreled away in the darkest corners of the freezer. Things originally saved for a day like today. It reminds me of "the time of want" described in Jane Watson Hopping's cookbooks. She was the original Pioneer Lady. She described late winter and early spring as the time of want because at this time of year all of the canned goods were depleted and the gardens were not producing any thing of use, a harsh time of year when people feasted on hope. If you get a chance please take the time to read her books.

thanks b, i'll look for them. i'm an avid student of the period between america's independence and the industrial revolution, when people had faith for good reasons and thought and acted for the betterment of everyone, despite truely hard times.

barbara, your bacon hash brown bake sounds good, like one of the jimmy dean breakfast bowls i like for a quick breakfast. can you post details, recipe, or a link, please?

we had a combo of a spinach, cherry tomato, and mushroom salad, and a feta, onion, and frisee salad (that were untouched leftovers that i brought home from work).

then, dw made a london broil, nuked spuds with bacon bits, and reheated a can o'corn.

Last edited:
...barbara, your bacon hash brown bake sounds good, like one of the jimmy dean breakfast bowls i like for a quick breakfast. can you post details, recipe, or a link, please?...
BT, here is the link for the original recipe (what I made last time): Bachelor in the Kitchen: Breakfast Tailgating with Potato Bacon Casserole « Nestlé Kitchens

I ended up making a last minute switch (It was getting late and I didn't want to take the time to cook the bacon, plus we really didn't need the added cheese tonight). What I ended up doing instead was subbing deli corned beef for the bacon (I cut the slices into short strips), and (being lazy) I added a can of green beans (drained). No cheese. It turned out really good and was a little reminiscent of corned beef hash (but better, and not all greasy like canned corned beef hash).

BT, here is the link for the original recipe (what I made last time): Bachelor in the Kitchen: Breakfast Tailgating with Potato Bacon Casserole « Nestlé Kitchens

I ended up making a last minute switch (It was getting late and I didn't want to take the time to cook the bacon, plus we really didn't need the added cheese tonight). What I ended up doing instead was subbing deli corned beef for the bacon (I cut the slices into short strips), and (being lazy) I added a can of green beans (drained). No cheese. It turned out really good and was a little reminiscent of corned beef hash (but better, and not all greasy like canned corned beef hash).

thank you. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom