Monday 5/8/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Smoked baby back ribs, baked beans, corn in the cob and cabbage 2 ways (cole slaw with mayo and cole slaw with salad dressing).

What's on the menu depends on whether or not my chicken is thawed when I get home. It was still pretty solid this morning.

Otherwise, it's probably going to be bacon and eggs.

Last edited:
Spinach salad with strawberries, oranges, goat or feta cheese, walnuts OR pistachios, and a fresh made orange-honey vinaigrette using what could be the last of the honey we got from GG. :yum: Good stuff! Also, chicken sandwiches on brioche rolls. I'll cook the chicken breast cutlets on the griddler, then top with Fontina cheese, maybe bacon, thinking of adding some mushrooms sauteed in dry sherry. First, I need some "oomph". Garçon, another cup of coffee, s'il vous plait?

Got a frozen lasagna in the oven. Not sure if we'll have anything else. Out of lettuce so no salads. Need to see if I can do up some garlic bread.

We're having the fresh hand-rolled fettuccine we passed on last night dressed with an Alfredo sauce along with a salad.

Because we are leaving in the morning, there is not one fresh item in the apartment.. Going to choose between chicken noodle soup or Asian noodles in dashi...
Of course I did save two ramekins of bread pudding for tonight... ;)

Ross

I took last night's really good pork and black beans, a few flour tortillas, and some cheese and made pork and black bean burritos. They were similar to Freebird's burritos (which are similar, but better than, Chipotle burritos). Of course, mine were smaller. I can't eat a whole Freebird's burrito in one sitting.

CD

Corn on the cob. Yeah, it's early, but I'm dying for some corn on the cob.

Yeah, it's not too far off, but this time next month I'll be able to get fresh sweet corn, fresh local tomatoes, and fresh strawberries and peaches.

I'm going to be in fresh produce heaven.

CD

Dad's been in a mood because I have been cooking catering to Mom's tastes. Today I made him red gravy to go on spaghetti, tossed salad and garlic toast. Mom got a cheeseburger, potato salad, cantaloupe, and a raspberry shake. Mom can't digest tomatoes, so red gravy doesn't work for her. I appreciate he wants to eat certain things, but he is still able to go to the fridge, pantry, etc., and make what he wants to eat. Mom can't. I told him I made it because he had been so grumpy over the weekend that I cooked for Mom and not him. He said that he had a lot to be grumpy about. So do I, but I don't take it out on them. Anyway, both of them enjoyed their meals. Mom ate everything, as did Dad. As for myself, I went to town with a friend, bought chucks and shared a bottle of wine with her when we got back to the country. All's good.

Dug some shredded Cuban pork roast out of the freezer. Made Cuban style black beans for two meals, some pickled red onions and pico de gallo. I enhanced the pork with a fresh squeezed sour orange juice, thin sliced garlic and onion mojo, with some freshly toasted and ground cumin. Cooked the pork, mojo and cumin in a skillet until the liquid just evaporated. Used 1/2 the cooked black bean to make refried beans (yes, I used leaf lard). Pan toasted small flour tortillas to make soft tacos. Sour cream and extra cheese if we wanted.:yum:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom