Monday 5/8, anyone cookin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry.. no help here. I'm cooking... but I have no idea what will be in the pan yet.

pitiful pretense at cooking tonight - Progresso "traditional New England" clam chowder doctored up with some canned clams. Maybe some real cornbread to go widdit.

Angel hair pasta, Prego organic tomato and basil sauce with ground all natural beef, garlic cheese bread the quick way (don't have time to roast the garlic) and salad, premade from the bag.

Since Ethan was hurting with an ear ache, I just pulled some frozen homemade garlic parmesan noodles from the freezer, will have those with browned butter and mitzithra cheese, some baked sesame chicken and some baked layered veggies..dessert, will be left over berry pudding with some vanilla ice cream.. what a day:wacko:

kadesma:)

kadesma said:
Since Ethan was hurting with an ear ache, I just pulled some frozen homemade garlic parmesan noodles from the freezer, will have those with browned butter and mitzithra cheese, some baked sesame chicken and some baked layered veggies..dessert, will be left over berry pudding with some vanilla ice cream.. what a day:wacko:

kadesma:)
put your feet up at the end of the day kadesma! You deserve it! Sorry to hear about Ethan, ear aches are the worst! Luckily, neither of our kids have had one yet, which surprizes me. dh and I both had them all through our childhood, dh had to get those tubes put in when he was a toddler. Ouch!

Kadesma, you've given me an idea for dinner! Thank you! I'll be having ravioli stuffed with spinach & cheese. I'll serve that tossed in browned butter, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pine nuts & parm reggiano.

corazon90 said:
put your feet up at the end of the day kadesma! You deserve it! Sorry to hear about Ethan, ear aches are the worst! Luckily, neither of our kids have had one yet, which surprizes me. dh and I both had them all through our childhood, dh had to get those tubes put in when he was a toddler. Ouch!

Kadesma, you've given me an idea for dinner! Thank you! I'll be having ravioli stuffed with spinach & cheese. I'll serve that tossed in browned butter, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pine nuts & parm reggiano.
Sounds good Cora, I love brown butter and pine nuts yummy..Ethan has infections in both ears..Poor child was so sweet today..Hope he can sleep tonight..Eh liked the veggies that I layered and baked and ate some of the noodles and a few strawberries..Everyone else made quick work of the chicken and noodles and veggies..None left for repeats:LOL:

kadesma

Tonight was just an ordinary dinner, that turned out spectacularly!
I made boneless chicken breasts with Linguine with garlic, red onions and butter sauce! With toasted fresh home made bread!
Even though I was the cook, I had to give compliments to the chef! It was that tasty!

I made for lunch tomorrow two great sandwiches.
On home made French bread, I toasted just the outside, then on the inside I put on low fat mayo with a great mustard spread. Then I added thin sliced ham. On top of that I put thinly sliced red onion, on the top of that chopped up bacon, then some slices of cheddar cheese and swiss cheese slices on top of that. All of that "open" under the broiler until the cheeses melted down into the ingredients.
Then I added the other "toasted just on the outside" top! I
I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to eat them!

I've been on a grilling spree lately. I bought a chipotle marinade by mistake. The person in front of me in the grocery line left that in my order, so I tried it out and man it was really good on the chicken breasts! Also new potatoes, and some kabobs of red onion, mushrooms and red peppers. For lunch we had a grilled hotdog size spicy kielbasa, corn on the cob, summer squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucs in a vinegar, oil, and sugar marinade. It's gonna rain soon so I had to get my grilling spree in fast :LOL:

Like amber I also have been on a grilling kick. Tonight I grilled two chicken breasts. One breast I seasoned with garlic pepper and the other I seasoned with lemon pepper. Then I grilled two Aidell's green chile and habanero chicken sausages. The sausages I had with steamed asparagus and cottage cheese for dinner. The lemon pepper chicken breast will be used for lunch tomorrow and the black pepper seasoned chicken breast will be used to make fajitas for dinner tomorrow night.

Husband was running late last night due to the weather + extra traffic due to yesterday's Northern VA police station shooting, so I just made a quick "breakfast for dinner" kind of meal: "Soyrizo" (Frieda company's vegetarian soy-based chorizo sausage) combined with scrambled eggs & grated cheddar cheese, served with some 9-grain bread toast.

BreezyCooking said:
Husband was running late last night due to the weather + extra traffic due to yesterday's Northern VA police station shooting,

Breezy, fortunately I missed all that "excitement" yesterday. My route home is right down Rt 28, which I hear was closed for hours.

amber said:
I've been on a grilling spree lately. I bought a chipotle marinade by mistake. The person in front of me in the grocery line left that in my order, so I tried it out and man it was really good on the chicken breasts! Also new potatoes, and some kabobs of red onion, mushrooms and red peppers. For lunch we had a grilled hotdog size spicy kielbasa, corn on the cob, summer squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucs in a vinegar, oil, and sugar marinade. It's gonna rain soon so I had to get my grilling spree in fast :LOL:

Give up the name of the marinade!!:-p I want to see if I can find it. I love chipotle stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom