Monday, 6/11/12, It's What's For Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure if it is a very late lunch or an early (for us anyway) supper, but we just had taco salads (yep, we had them last night too). :cool:

I'd like to make something with chicken. Not sure what it will be yet. Guess I ought to start deciding since it's after 5pm here!

I don't really feel like cooking. I'm going to do some chicken tenders, Spanish rice and a salad.

I think I am going to pull out one of the " I don't feel like cooking " package dinners I keep in the deep freeze for just such an occasion. That and a salad will do us just fine I think.

I was going to make Sweet and Sour Pork but I didn't have enough bell pepper. Since I already had 2 Carrots in my hand I sliced, steamed and topped them withe Dill Butter. I sliced off a piece of Pork, pounded it out and fried it. Just had to have some Fried Onions and Potatoes with it. Possibably Rainbow Sherbert later.
View attachment 13885

Last edited:
I ended up making chicken cordon bleu with stuffing and broccoli with cheese sauce and salads. Now for a glass of milk with my snickerdoodle cookies for dessert.

Hamburger onion pie. I made a couple of changes that really hit the spot this time.

I didn't have milk for the Bisquick crust, so I used water and a couple of tablespoons of white sauce mix. Excellent!

I also added a couple of tbsp. of Gorgonzola crumbles to the cottage cheese topping. Also very good.

We had a late lunch, around 3. Tortelini with a red sauce and some shredded cheese ontop, baked in the oven. Then around 9 I made some chicken flavored (home made) rice. :)

Back
Top Bottom