Monday 7/17/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had hot dogs...no, wait, I had planned to have hot dogs. :huh: I took so darned long to get the crudite plate and the potato salad together, though, that we ended up with picadillo. No biggie, since picadillo was supposed to be tomorrow's supper! Hot dogs for sure tomorrow...the "hard" work is done. :D

Attachments

• 20170717_191932.jpg
    20170717_191932.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20170717_224000.jpg
    20170717_224000.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 136
We had hot dogs...no, wait, I had planned to have hot dogs. :huh: I took so darned long to get the crudite plate and the potato salad together, though, that we ended up with picadillo. No biggie, since picadillo was supposed to be tomorrow's supper! Hot dogs for sure tomorrow...the "hard" work is done. :D
Looks yummy. I had to Google "picadillo". Was that already made? 'Cause, if it wasn't, hot dogs sounds easier. ;)

I made potato salad with a lot of veg. Then I made a marinade of olive oil, cider vinegar, rubbed herbes de Provence, garlic powder, hot Hungarian paprika, salt, and freshly ground pepper. I put the marinade on some pork loin chops. I butterflied Stirling's chop so it would be thinner than mine and cook in about the same amount of time (He likes his steaks and chops cooked a lot more than I do.). Cooked the pork chops on the grill. I served it with the last of the Dragon Lady sesame noodles and the potato salad. I heated the leftover marinade enough to make it safe to use as a sauce. Oh yeah, that was good. You know how sometimes your tummy and tongue keep telling you that "that supper was good". Well, that's what happened. Next time I won't butterfly Stirling's chop. I'll just cut it into two thin chops and save the extra effort and the lump on the backside.

Looks yummy. I had to Google "picadillo". Was that already made? 'Cause, if it wasn't, hot dogs sounds easier. ;)....
Yes, taxy, hot dogs would have been easier. For me. :LOL: But it would have involved sending Himself out to grill those hot dogs, sacrificing him to a flock of mosquitoes. By the time I finished the potato salad, the 'squitos were licking their probosci in anticipation of tasty human. :yum:

This is the recipe I use: Cuban-Style Picadillo. Kayelle shared it a while ago. I've made it so often it doesn't take me long - especially since I had a bag of pre-cooked beef in the freezer. Just enough left to use for a quick meal of Spanish Rice using a packaged mix as a starter.

Mom had the last of the Costco chicken salad with sweet potato fries, and I had leftover rib eye steak with aforementioned sweet potato fries. We had butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

This sounds delicious! :yum: I love shrimp tacos. Do you have a bottled mango salsa that you use and recommend (I've had a couple of good ones, but can't remember the brand), or did you make your own?

GG had a really good sounding homemade mango salsa - I'll need to look that up.

Trader Joe's didn't have fresh mangoes... After pouting a bit I chose a jar of their Roasted Tomatillo Mango Salsa... I was not disappointed...

Ross

Change of plans.

Glazed mini meatloaf (glaze: ketchup, mustard, Frank's hot sauce, brown sugar, BBQ rub, red wine vinegar), microwave steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes and mushrooms (my all purpose seasoning, powdered sour cream, freeze dried chives, salt and ground pepper and extra virgin olive oil).

What an inspiration... :yum:
I have one mini meatloaf in the freezer.. I have never used a true glaze such as you show here.. That will be done this week...

Ross

Back
Top Bottom