Monday 7/18 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I nuked the last of the meatloaf instead of the chicken and gravy. Dessert was popcorn.

We had more left overs. I think we're just about done with them. DH had the 2 grilled sandwiches left from last night and a salad. I had the leftover taco meat with cheese, lettuce and sour cream in flour tortillas. Oreo cream (mint) cookies and milk for dessert.

I had leftover salsa 3-bean salad and a slice of rye bread, slathered with liverwurst, fresh onion from the garden, and capers. Too hot to cook.

chicken pot pie
I changed my mind on the pot pie. Instead, I baked some rice and had diced chicken, carrots and peas in a gravy on top.

I decided on something different.... stuffed, baked cucumbers. The filling was leftover rice, chicken, carrots and peas. I then added some diced tomato, bacon and parmesan cheese. There wasn't a recipe, so I hope it turns out. Smells good! I'll post pictures later.

Make a marinade with a bit of Soy or W/sauce, ketchup, chutney and a splash of Hotsauce. Season chicken and brush on the marinade. Grill in a hot oven till cooked and sticky!
Serve with nice green salad and rolls or jacket potato and there you go!
Made it for my kids last night since they don't like crispy wings :)
Thanks, Snip, it sounds delicious.

Unfortunately I can't use soy, Worcestershire or any prepared sauces (I do make my own ketchup even though I don't eat it!).DH can't have anything soy, gluten or lactose). I usually just sear my chicken with salt and pepper and finish in the oven. Then I bring out flavours in the sides. I sometimes make a sauce with chicken stock and corn or tapioca starch.

However, when I pulled out my chicken legs they smelled awful. Bought them 2 days ago supposedly fresh that day. They ended up in the garbage (wasn't going to keep them around until I could take them back). We had a ham and mushroom omelet instead!

I changed my mind on the pot pie. Instead, I baked some rice and had diced chicken, carrots and peas in a gravy on top.

I decided on something different.... stuffed, baked cucumbers. The filling was leftover rice, chicken, carrots and peas. I then added some diced tomato, bacon and parmesan cheese. There wasn't a recipe, so I hope it turns out. Smells good! I'll post pictures later.

img_1025487_0_72b68d238a60495813ed3370e12706bb.jpg

img_1025487_1_1d77992a513eadb53fc1d02e30381a0e.jpg

Yesterday I cooked a sausage stir-fry with rice! First time ever making it tho, was good but kinda dry so next time I'll be adding a can of Campbell's Gravy to give it some flavor and moisture!

DH actually liked it, ate more than I thought he would, no leftovers. So I guess that means it was good.

"Slathered" is one of my favorite words. It always evokes a positive, if not sinfully delicious, image.
There is something about liverworst slathered on a thinly-sliced slice of dark rye bread that just can't be beat--also love to do the same with thinly sliced roast beef on a base of hot horseradish sauce, on rye...little tiny pickles on top.--umm...I repeated the liverworst-rye for breakfast this morning.

Last edited:
I ended up eat leftover pork barbecue from Sunday as I sat in my 92 degree living room.. luckily, it cooled down to about 86 by bed time and was at 74 this morning. I think tonight will be much better.

Thanks, Snip, it sounds delicious.

Unfortunately I can't use soy, Worcestershire or any prepared sauces (I do make my own ketchup even though I don't eat it!).DH can't have anything soy, gluten or lactose). I usually just sear my chicken with salt and pepper and finish in the oven. Then I bring out flavours in the sides. I sometimes make a sauce with chicken stock and corn or tapioca starch.

However, when I pulled out my chicken legs they smelled awful. Bought them 2 days ago supposedly fresh that day. They ended up in the garbage (wasn't going to keep them around until I could take them back). We had a ham and mushroom omelet instead!

That's too bad :( Omelette sounds devine though :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom