Monday 7/18 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Today's dinner will be to use up the rest of the big chicken breast and make gravy from the drippings I saved yesterday.

I'll probably make a chicken soup with a package of drumsticks along with leftover frozen veggies just to have it on hand. I've got some really good stock to start with.

What's cooking in your kitchen today?:chef:

Well, if they fix the A/C unit today, we're going to make some spaghetti with meat sauce.. if they don't fix the A/C unit we'll be eating ice cream sandwiches ;)

I was going to hit the pastrami for lunch and make something different for dinner, but I am getting taken out for lunch, so it will be Rachel's yet again for din-din. And to tell the truth, I don't mind one bit. I've got a jar of kraut and the better part of a loaf of rye to use up, so might as well keep making those sandwiches.

You did mean 7/18 right?

I am making a muffuletta, and pasta salad and cole slaw. Way too hot to think about anything that involves fire......

Last edited:
Working evenings again today. I'd planned to make our big meal at lunch time since everyone but me is off. However...Ken is off to have lunch with a friend and Madeleine is going out to the pool around then. Best laid plans...oh well. They will have to scrounge the freezer for food. I think there are burgers and pizza down there so we'll see what leftovers I find when I get home.

As for me, I am going on strike. I'm not going to cook today at all, and its too hot to bake. My "meal" is going to be a can of ravioli or soup heated up in the microwave. Booooring.

Boerewors bredie ended up being mini meatballs with tomato and bean gravy and rice.
Made the meatballs with the sausage meat from the bredie so at least I used the meat I took out for dinner..lol!

I have no clue. Dad is under the weather with a cold on top of his other problems so he will probably just have soup. I have some Chicken legs I need to cook so that will probably be DH's and my dinner but I don't know what I will do with them.

Not sure what it is, but sounds interesting :).

Make a marinade with a bit of Soy or W/sauce, ketchup, chutney and a splash of Hotsauce. Season chicken and brush on the marinade. Grill in a hot oven till cooked and sticky!
Serve with nice green salad and rolls or jacket potato and there you go!
Made it for my kids last night since they don't like crispy wings :)

i have left over country style pork ribs. made yesterday so would have couple meals from them. a sandwich maybe and small green salad. ice cream bar or drumstick for dessert. not really that interested.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom