Monday 7/24/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
We had eggs scrambled with green pepper, onion and smoked ham added and corn bread for brunch.

Dinner may be stuffed shells.

We have autumnal weather, so I'm making autumnal food. We'll have baked mac-and-cheese, using up bits of different cheeses. I have ham leftover from supper on Saturday - trying to decide if it should go into the mac-and-cheese, or just cuddle up next to it on our plates. I'll probably steam some broccoli to go with it because I'm too cold to make salads! :LOL:

I'll be pan roasting some chicken thighs and a breast. I plan to make okra in tomato sauce for a veggie and we'll have pilaf too.

I'm making some Chinese barbequed pork in the oven. This is another experiment and we'll see how it goes. I had sake to put in instead of rice wine, but I didn't have any honey or garlic. I have the feeling I'm going to miss the garlic.

I'm finally getting back to normal after months of disruption and have some new recipes planned out for August, including smothered bacon Asagio wine chicken and brown sugar pork and apples. I'm still experimenting with macaroni and cheese and I'll be trying a hash brown casserole and a chicken cordon bleu casserole sometime next month as well.

I need to find something with potatoes, though.

Last edited:
Out running errands today so, popped into Costco for a Polish Dog and a soft drink..

Funfetti Cake for Two is dessert a bit later this evening..

Ross

CG...autumn weather sounds so appealing...! Although, it's not bad here today. Had some rain, and the temp is only in double digits, I'm so grateful for that!

RR...glad things are getting back to your normal - your menu plan sounds really good. :chef:

Ross...sure wish I had a Costco near enough to just 'pop into'. Being out here in the boonies, the nearest one is a 4 hr. drive, round trip. I usually go when I visit my daughter down in Santa Clarita, and stock up.

This afternoon's dinner was quick a quick and easy quesadilla - I had some pepper jack, Monterey, and a little cheddar to use up, and chopped up some canned Ortega roasted chiles. Love those. :yum: A small green salad with ranch dressing on the side, and probably a little hazelnut and caramel ice cream a little later on.

Last edited:
Glenn's son stopped by last night with two large Pampers boxes full of tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe and other goodies I can't remember.

In view of this unexpected bounty, I made some bacon "sheets" and we had awesome BLTs. They were so tasty we had two each. Finished the last of the tiny raspberry pie I made on Sunday.

Ahhhh....the foods of summer!

Thin-pounded chicken breast seasoned with Penzy's Arizona Dreaming and black pepper, baked in the toaster oven. I dotted it with butter, then accidentally dropped another quarter stick of softened butter on it. Low sodium, yes, low fat, not so much.

Grapes, cherries and blueberries.

Last edited:
Not so hot today, but the AC is finally fixed for good after needing to call out the second AC outfit in town. Turns out it was a sagging drain line under the house and no wonder the water wouldn't flow freely. Grrr, the first guy must have been blind under there.

We had Domino's

The lightbulb went off when I was trimming the broccoli. I was baking the mac-and-cheese, so I popped a tray of "little trees" into the oven. Good thinking on my part, huh? I added a half of tomato to each of our plates for color. Looks like the Italian flag. ~~ After I cleaned everything up after supper, I finished off my watermelon (yes, mine - Himself isn't a big fan) with a nice sprinkle of Tajin. :yum:

Attachments

• 20170724_215543.jpg
    20170724_215543.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 108
We had 40-clove chicken with pearl onions, a cauliflower/potato mash, and glazed carrots.

I made the stuffed shells. Half of the stuffed shells went in freezer. The other half was sauced and topped with cheese. Need to get picture off camera. They were turned out good. We may have other half tonight.

We had eggs scrambled with green pepper, onion and smoked ham added and corn bread for brunch.

Dinner may be stuffed shells.

I made the stuffed shells. Half of the stuffed shells went in freezer. The other half was sauced and topped with cheese. Need to get picture off camera. They were turned out good. We may have other half tonight.

Brunch

western_corn_bread_072417__P1100143.JPG

Dinner

stuffed_shells_2_072417_650_IMG_2508.jpg

Mmmm, I love stuffed shells, msmofet. Those look delicious :yum:
Thank you GG.

Your dinner looks wonderful. Never had watermelon with feta. My mom used to eat watermelon lightly salted with a piece of Italian bread.

Back
Top Bottom