Monday 7-9-18... what's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
I went to Kroger to pick up some prescriptions (getting old means lots of prescriptions).

While there, I found some nice lamb chops in the manager's special section of the meat department. I also bought some cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Bonus, they had some fresh summer strawberries that smelled really sweet.

So, I am making some caprese toothpicks, cherry tomato, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil from my garden for an appetizer.

Then, grilled lamb chops.

Followed by fresh strawberries with absolutely nothing added. I ate one the minute I got home, and it was heavenly good. No powdered sugar, no whipped cream. These berries are that good.

What's cooking at your house?

CD

I went to Kroger to pick up some prescriptions (getting old means lots of prescriptions)...
If you decided that daily forays to Kroger are getting older than you are, you might want to consider getting your 'scrips "synced". Every pharmacy has their own name for their program, but they all pretty much do this: Align My Refills. Himself has far too many that require monthly refills (I'm on two, each of them on 3-month order - I rarely go to the pharmacy), so I've tried getting him to sync his. He says he'd rather go get them when they each come due. I think he uses that as an excuse to get out of the house. :ermm: Good! :D

Oh, dinner. We're doing breakfast: scrambled eggs with shallot and mushroom, sweet apple chicken sausages, and tater tot "crowns" waffles. Just waiting on those tasty little dots of spuds to defrost...

Onion Soup...

39817-albums888-picture7495.jpg
[/IMG]

39817-albums888-picture7496.jpg
[/IMG]

Fresh swordfish steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, nuked asparagus. Originally planned to grill the 'gus, but they were pretty fragile, so into the microwave they went.

I cracked a tooth. Dentist appointment tomorrow morning.

Family had turkey burgers. I had nice and soft Knorr’s creamy chicken rice/noodle side dish.

Owwwie {{MsM}}

I'll be grilling some Hawaiian marinated thighs and also asparagus. We have broccoli salad and summer squash casserole from yesterday too.

Last edited:
TJ's orange chicken with added veggies over rice.

CG, his Dr. could write his Rx for three months at a time rather than one month even though they are not mail order.

I steamed a couple of huge artichokes early this afternoon. I let one cool way down before plating it, and melted a little garlic lemon butter for dipping. Chilled watermelon and cherries for a side. :yum: I'll have the other artichoke tomorrow.

I had thought about stuffing the artichokes, but wasn't up to the extra work involved today - delicious as they are that way!

Too hot! Stopped by the deli for fried chicken and potato salad after work. The kitties had chicken, too!

That soup does look delicious, Joey. I'll think about making some...when the temperature gets down into the 50s for the high of the day.

...CG, his Dr. could write his Rx for three months at a time rather than one month even though they are not mail order.
Thank, Andy, but he knows. And I know. But he's stubborn and likes it this way. I don't understand even after all these years...and decades...and score...

Waffled Tater Tot Crowns. Interesting. Not an everyday thing. Maybe once a year...because by then I'll forget that they're just OK.

Attachments

• 20180709_210437.jpg
    20180709_210437.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 114
I haven't made spring rolls in forever, so I gave them a try last night. Tasted good but my technique definitely some work [emoji38] I also sautéed beans from the garden and sliced onion in peanut oil and finished it with Thai sweet chili sauce.
0709182038b.jpg

I've been thinking I should try this. Do they get nice and crispy? What's not good about them?
It's not that they were "not good", Andy. They just didn't wow me enough to make it worth waffling instead of oven baking...and then cleaning all of that oil out of the grooves in my waffle iron. :wacko:

Note, too, that I didn't use Tater TOTS, I used the flatter disc style, Tater CROWNS. That might be the main part of the problem, since the Crowns are basically crust. That made my end result mostly crispy/chewy surface. If I/you used Tots, the surface-to-inside ratio might be better for a difference between the crispy outside and the fluffy inside. In fact, I might try this all over again with the Tots someday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom