Monday 7th November 2011 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kezlehan

Senior Cook
That time again! What's for dinner tonight?

The folks are having spaghetti with a tomato sauce I made, so I'm cooking myself a veggie stir fry, with the same sauce.
I'm thinking a bowl full of cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, green beans and baby corn.

Pretty simple, tonight. Boiled shrimp with homemade mayo, and what is probably the season's next to last okra batch with tomatoes.

I bought loads of cheap beansprouts at the grocers, so we're having them stir-fried with cabbage and carrots, and mashed potato with chinese seasoning in it. I'll probably do gravy. It's a vague attempt at fusion cooking! The fella is having some pork too.

If I have some hamburger in the freezer, I'm thinking of making my hamburger stuffing casserole with salads. The lettuce needs to get used up before it goes bad.

If I have some hamburger in the freezer, I'm thinking of making my hamburger stuffing casserole with salads. The lettuce needs to get used up before it goes bad.
I make something similar that uses stuffing, meatballs and vegetables.

Tonight, I don't know. I'm thinking a cottage pie, using leftover mashed potatoes. I might get lazy and just make salads. I was making scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes at 4:30 am. and was too tired to take a picture. I've done more dishes in the past week than I have done in about a month. I'll still probably end up making the cottage pie.

Last edited:
Pacanis, when I am clueless, Chicken wings don't automatically fly in. You must have a magic touch.

Today, It's Calico beans with burger, celery, onions and sliced and diced leftover ham with a goodly amount of molasses and a sprinkle brown sugar, catsup and worcester and a healthy splash of Tiger Sauce to add a little zip.

Pacanis, when I am clueless, Chicken wings don't automatically fly in. You must have a magic touch.

Today, It's Calico beans with burger, celery, onions and sliced and diced leftover ham with a goodly amount of molasses and a sprinkle brown sugar, catsup and worcester and a healthy splash of Tiger Sauce to add a little zip.

I grill wings so often I can do them in my sleep. Heck, I could probably do them in somebody else's sleep... :LOL:
They are my goto meal.

Today we're having something that my DH use to call Silver Turtles (supposedly they use to cook the same meal in boy scouts over a camp fire when they were camping)

It consist of hamburger meat, potatoes, onions & bell peppers... And I may be cooking some Blueberry Muffins depending on how I feel later :)

I'm nuking a potato adding s & p, butter and topping with the last of the turkey stew.

Chicken fried steak and milk gravy with potatoes and biscuits-yum!! :)

No idea. We killed all the leftovers except for the meatloaf, and have had meatloaf for 3 meals in a row.

So anything but meatloaf.

I'm not sure whether to call it chicken corn chowder or potato bacon chowder with chicken and corn tossed in. Whatever, you get the idea. Big pot of yummy soup and biscuits on the side. Everyone is coming and going tonight so I need to have a fast meal ready.

Pacanis, can I come for wings sometime? What is your go to seasoning? I've enjoyed the mustard/seasoned salt thing, and the lime and chili thing, everyone else here enjoys the BBQ sauce, but I'm open for new ideas.

Back
Top Bottom