Monday 9/25/2017 What’s the menu plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I will be going grocery shopping later so the possibilities are unlimited. But seeing as strip/shell steaks are on sale ($4.99/lb.) that could be dinner. DD expressed interest in a nice Italian hero if I can find the “good” sesame seed rolls. Update later.

What are your plans?

I'm hosting our condo board meeting tonight so dinner is closely planned for after the meeting.

We're having a Costco rotisserie chicken I had purchased and frozen a while back. That's thawed in the fridge and ready to pop into the oven to reheat. I'll be making pilaf to go with it and SO is responsible for a salad.

Asian chicken thighs, rice and, probably steamed broccoli..

If I get off my duff, I'll bake an Alton Brown recipe of upside down peach cake... if not, it will be chocolate pudding..

Ross

Nothing wrong with chocolate pudding, Ross. :yum:

I need to use up some baby spinach and I'm not in the mood for a standard salad. Thinking about making tuna salad and deviled eggs, then tossing the spinach with oo/lemon juice/white balsamic vinegar/herb blend, and using that as a bed for the tuna, eggs, and some of last night's leftover potato salad.

Better get crackin'...eggs, that is. ;)

Leftover grazing tonight. I need to clear the fridge of cooked foods before I cook anything new. Waste not, want not.

CD

Small plates tonight. The last 2 pieces of the foie gras torchon i made with micro greens, toasts, and black pepper caramel. Second plate is ratatouille surrounded by escargot and toasts. I'm getting ready to put together a peach crisp using crushed gingersnaps for part of the crumble "flour."

Attachments

• 2017-09-25 18.48.00.jpg
    2017-09-25 18.48.00.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 2017-09-25 18.47.29.jpg
    2017-09-25 18.47.29.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
It's DH's Birthday!!!

It will be (fresh) Mussels Marinara with thick Spaghetti for DH
and White Clam Sauce for moi;
Trader Joe's Half Baked Idea Ciabatta and a small side salad
Meyer Lemon Meringue Birthday Pie for dessert later ...

We NEED to time this accordingly, tonight is the season opener for
The Big Bang Theory and then followed by a new program "Young Sheldon",
both look to be hysterical!!

Well, this was a learning experience. Burgers were pretty dry, as I never realized how much fat is in a burger. Recipe will be adjusted accordingly next time.

Happy birthday to the Mister, Kgirl! :flowers::king: What a wonderful sounding birthday menu. :yum:

Just pickin's from the freezer here for this afternoon's dinner. Still trying my best to use things up before they multiply again. :ermm::LOL: A thick slice of meatloaf (another nice slice leftover for a sandwich tomorrow), a scoop of mashed 'taters, and a cup or so of corn from this summer's farmers market bounty. Easy peasy, and pretty darn good.

it will be (fresh) mussels marinara with thick spaghetti for dh
and white clam sauce for moi;
trader joe's half baked idea ciabatta and a small side salad
meyer lemon meringue birthday pie for dessert later ...

We need to time this accordingly, tonight is the season opener for
the big bang theory and then followed by a new program "young sheldon",
both look to be hysterical!!

009.JPG

012.JPG

011.JPG

yum!

Happy Birthday to your #1 Guy, K-Girl.

Nice appys, medtran, but what's for dinner? ;) We eat pretty hearty around here...:pig:

I thought our dinner plates looked cool and refreshing. Just what was needed on a mid-80s day.

Attachments

• 20170925_212827.jpg
    20170925_212827.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 119
Well, this was a learning experience. Burgers were pretty dry, as I never realized how much fat is in a burger. Recipe will be adjusted accordingly next time.
I think most people don't realize how much fat goes into sausage and medium or regular ground beef..Most stores use a small plate to help blend the fat in with the meat so you don't actually see it but, it is in there....at the deli, I usually go 80-20 for my burgers and adding the fat already in the meat I probably end up somewhere around 75-25. Much of the fat renders off of the patty by the time it is ready to serve...
Lean burgers and sausages are inferior IMHO

Well when I got back from grocery shopping at two stores I was in pain. So it was meatless, no cooking Monday. I picked up Brie, smoked Gouda, blue cheese and several types of crackers from Trader Joe’s and fresh pineapple and Macintosh apples from ShopRite, that was dinner.

Dessert a couple hours later was Trader Joe’s Belgian chocolate pudding.

We had a chef salad, blt's, and cookies for dessert. We voted yesterday AM, then went to grocery store and had breakfast for lunch yesterday.

We took our visitors (DH's brother and brother's wife) to a local sports bar. DH and I split a pulled pork sandwich, quite good. Brother had a salad, and SIL had the salmon dinner, which were also pronounced good.

Back
Top Bottom