Monday, April 10, 2017, dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We had Caribbiasian chicken tenders, with a honey, mustard, sesame oil, sriracha sauce from 1 of Norman Van Aken's books. Sides were homemade fries and coleslaw.

I have no idea what to make. I have no idea what I am hungry for. Anyone else ever have days like that?

I may just graze tonight. There are odds and ends I need to do something with.

CD

Oh... I think I just got it. Did you mean "bunless?"

I'm a bit slow sometimes.

CD

Ooooh, that looks fabulous, Kgirl!

I had Chinese takeout. :)

Easy as pie Cheryl!
combine some cooked chicken (I use leftover stuff) with some Hatch brand green chile enchilada sauce (make it as soupy as you like) and some chopped Hatch chiles (I buy the stuff in a can). Stuff some flour tortillas with that mixture, roll, arrange on a broiler safe plate, top with more green chile enchilada sauce (it comes in mild medium and hot, we go medium, it's cheaper at Walmart ;)), some more chopped chiles and the cheese of your choice (I cheat and buy shredded "mexican blend" cheese in a bag at Sprouts) ... pop your plate under the broiler until bubbly golden delicious and enjoy!
That's it!
BTW, this method is perfect for 1-2 servings, `cuz you're making individual plates for you.

As reported in another thread, I put together Chef John's Coq Au Vin, suggested by Greg.. Turned out wonderful served with garlic mashed and sauteed green beans.. Getting ready to enjoy peach cobbler I baked this morning..

Ross

Attachments

• Coq Au Vin Dinner 002.jpg
    Coq Au Vin Dinner 002.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 137
I've got some poached b/s Chicken Thighs I need to use up, so I'm going to do my version of a New Mexico Style Green Chile Chicken Enchilada... had it twice, once in Taos and in Albuquerque, really tasty!
View attachment 26624
[file photo]
I really like this dish, ALOT!

We DO love Green Chili Chicken Enchilada... A jar of TJ's Green Salsa Verde waits, in the pantry, for me to get busy...Gotta have some this week... :yum:

Last edited:
We had the Irish bangers I got from the butcher last week. They were crying out to be made before it was too late. We had them tonight, simmered in a frypan. Served them on top of mashed with sauteed cabbage and leek mixed in, and sauteed a few zucchini that were almost in need of resuscitation. I didn't remember I had wanted to make an onion brown gravy until we were deep into eating supper. Oops. Better memory next time?

attachment.php
Hmm, that looks like your dinner is on a coffee table. Do you guys eat supper in front of the TV? It seems like ever since we moved and "four" became "two", we do that more often than not.

S/B chicken thighs on the grill with a Teriyaki sauce, green beans from the 2015 garden and a salad. Bought a cored pineapple to grill with it, but had a senior moment and its still in the fridge.

I ran out of spoons today, so we ordered pizza from our neighborhood pizza joint. Yummy stuff :yum: CG, we mostly eat in the living room, too [emoji38]
0410171936a_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Easy as pie Cheryl!
combine some cooked chicken (I use leftover stuff) with some Hatch brand green chile enchilada sauce (make it as soupy as you like) and some chopped Hatch chiles (I buy the stuff in a can). Stuff some flour tortillas with that mixture, roll, arrange on a broiler safe plate, top with more green chile enchilada sauce (it comes in mild medium and hot, we go medium, it's cheaper at Walmart ;)), some more chopped chiles and the cheese of your choice (I cheat and buy shredded "mexican blend" cheese in a bag at Sprouts) ... pop your plate under the broiler until bubbly golden delicious and enjoy!
That's it!
BTW, this method is perfect for 1-2 servings, `cuz you're making individual plates for you.

Thank you for taking the time to post your recipe, kgirl! I love green chile/chicken enchiladas, and this sounds easy and delicious. :yum:

Ross, your coq au vin looks great. And I'm also drooling at the mention of peach cobbler. :yum:

--------------------
*I usually eat at the dining room table - the dining room is open to the living room, so I can see the TV while I'm having a meal. :mrgreen:

...CG, we mostly eat in the living room, too
...I usually eat at the dining room table - the dining room is open to the living room, so I can see the TV while I'm having a meal. :mrgreen:
Our lap trays are our "dining room table". ;)

Now that it's baseball season, I'll be at the kitchen table more often than not. Himself is in the living room watching whatever he wants, and I'm in the kitchen listening to the game via internet. We're like two ships passing by each other. Sometimes we sound like two motorboats. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL:

I have no idea what to make. I have no idea what I am hungry for. Anyone else ever have days like that?

A lot of times. Mostly it's because I forget to take something out of the freezer. That's when I wander around and around trying to figure out if pancakes for dinner is what I really want.

So I got home today about 5pm just starving to death. It was 3 hours too early for supper, so I went to Burger King and got a hamburger and fries. Now, at 10pm, I'm hungry again and eating a late supper: the rest of the chicken fried rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom