"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #11
Sous Chef

A romaine green salad, olives, cheese, vinegar and evoo dressing. Pork Stew.
Home made Peasant Bread. Pudding with apple slices for dessert.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:10 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Reuben sandwiches. Toast the rye bread. Spread cream cheese on each slice. In the meantime drain a small can of sourkraut ( ? spelling) and heat in non stick skillet. Also in another nonstick skillet heat cornbeef or pastrami- I use deli meat, Layer the meat and sourkraut. Add thousand island dressing and top with slice of swiss cheese. Wrap in foil and heat in oven (heat just until cheese melts).

Old 12-19-2006, 08:07 AM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer021
Reuben sandwiches. Toast the rye bread. Spread cream cheese on each slice. In the meantime drain a small can of sourkraut ( ? spelling) and heat in non stick skillet. Also in another nonstick skillet heat cornbeef or pastrami- I use deli meat, Layer the meat and sourkraut. Add thousand island dressing and top with slice of swiss cheese. Wrap in foil and heat in oven (heat just until cheese melts).
That sounds very yummy!
Old 12-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #14
Head Chef

Last night was Son's B-day, so as per family tradition B-day person picks their resturant of choice. My son chose a Japanese steak house which was great! I had never been to one before and really enjoyed the meal and experience (except for trying to catch the flying food)...
Old 12-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #15
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL
Last night was Son's B-day, so as per family tradition B-day person picks their resturant of choice. My son chose a Japanese steak house which was great! I had never been to one before and really enjoyed the meal and experience (except for trying to catch the flying food)...

What was the name of the restaurant? I live in VA and we have a Japanese steak house close by but I haven't been brave enough to try it.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #16
Sous Chef

Tonight I am going with a great chicken marsala recipe that my mom gave me. I usually serve it with steamed broccoli and rice.
Very yummy! Good luck with your dinner options.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #17
Master Chef

Last night was a really late night supper, since husband, after getting home at 7 p.m., had to spend quite a long time digging thru our concrete clay soil to lay to rest one of our old cats who passed away in his sleep yesterday afternoon.

Thus - dinner was a quicky of some new whole wheat tomato/basil/mozzarella ravioli we picked up at CostCo on Sunday, served with some Barilla jarred sauce. The raviolis were very very good, but definitely "wheaty". They're definitely something that needs a tomato or strongly flavored cream sauce - I think they'd be too "wheaty" just tossed with butter &/or olive oil.

But heck, they were good, & done in a heartbeat - which was great after a very trying day/evening.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #18
Head Chef

Hi Mrs. C,
The name of the restraunt we went to is Kyoto. I don't know if it is a chain or not, I've only been there one time. It was very fun though, great family atmosphere, lots of kids enjoying the show that the chef was putting on. I wish we had gone to one when my kids were children