Monday, December 18, dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Morning, I have no plans and need help with what's for dinner tonight. There's pretty much nothing I 'don't' have, so I'll read and consider your dinner and see if I'll do one of the same. For some reason, I've been hearing a ton about beef stew. As much as it's a favorite of the man of my dreams, I may just opt to do that. Gotta make sure I have beef stew meat in freezer. If not, it may be a rich and hearty soup, maybe a restaurant quality baked potato soup, been really cold here [for us anyway], in California..........

Last edited:
:chef: Since it is Chanukah, and finally we are doing diner at home, after going to somebody else's house for 3 days, I’m making latkes (potato pancakes), Russian Blini (found new recipe), and my son asked for onion soup, so onion soup it is. Lots of cheese, soup cream, caviar and apple sauce to accompany the meal. Can’t wait to get home and start cooking. Probably not much of a help for you here. Sorry.

Pork chops, with Sage and onion stuffing, and homegrown Broccoli, Carrots and Potatoes.

Baked Rosemary Chicken Leg Quarters
Fresh Herb Dressing
Baked Butternut Squash
Green Beans with Bacon & Onions

Change of plans..........it'll be Tyler Florences Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey vs. the Baked Butternut Squash.

Last edited:
My hubby is out of town so I'll probably heat up some lasanga I've got in the freezer while I watch the Bengals beat the Colts (!!)

This is the first I'm cooking in 3 days after being sick so I'm going for pure comfort food tonight--meatloaf, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli (yes, it's comfort food to me!:rolleyes: ).

Something horrible and boring with chicken. I'm not inspired after yesterday's huge push to finish most of the non-food Christmas stuff.

I will be off work beginning this Friday into the new year and expect my creative juices to begin flowing again.

A romaine green salad, olives, cheese, vinegar and evoo dressing. Pork Stew.
Home made Peasant Bread. Pudding with apple slices for dessert.

Reuben sandwiches. Toast the rye bread. Spread cream cheese on each slice. In the meantime drain a small can of sourkraut ( ? spelling) and heat in non stick skillet. Also in another nonstick skillet heat cornbeef or pastrami- I use deli meat, Layer the meat and sourkraut. Add thousand island dressing and top with slice of swiss cheese. Wrap in foil and heat in oven (heat just until cheese melts).

stargazer021 said:
Reuben sandwiches. Toast the rye bread. Spread cream cheese on each slice. In the meantime drain a small can of sourkraut ( ? spelling) and heat in non stick skillet. Also in another nonstick skillet heat cornbeef or pastrami- I use deli meat, Layer the meat and sourkraut. Add thousand island dressing and top with slice of swiss cheese. Wrap in foil and heat in oven (heat just until cheese melts).
That sounds very yummy!

Last night was Son's B-day, so as per family tradition B-day person picks their resturant of choice. My son chose a Japanese steak house which was great! I had never been to one before and really enjoyed the meal and experience (except for trying to catch the flying food)...

JohnL said:
Last night was Son's B-day, so as per family tradition B-day person picks their resturant of choice. My son chose a Japanese steak house which was great! I had never been to one before and really enjoyed the meal and experience (except for trying to catch the flying food)...

What was the name of the restaurant? I live in VA and we have a Japanese steak house close by but I haven't been brave enough to try it. :)

Tonight I am going with a great chicken marsala recipe that my mom gave me. I usually serve it with steamed broccoli and rice.
Very yummy!:chef: Good luck with your dinner options.

Last night was a really late night supper, since husband, after getting home at 7 p.m., had to spend quite a long time digging thru our concrete clay soil to lay to rest one of our old cats who passed away in his sleep yesterday afternoon.

Thus - dinner was a quicky of some new whole wheat tomato/basil/mozzarella ravioli we picked up at CostCo on Sunday, served with some Barilla jarred sauce. The raviolis were very very good, but definitely "wheaty". They're definitely something that needs a tomato or strongly flavored cream sauce - I think they'd be too "wheaty" just tossed with butter &/or olive oil.

But heck, they were good, & done in a heartbeat - which was great after a very trying day/evening.

Hi Mrs. C,
The name of the restraunt we went to is Kyoto. I don't know if it is a chain or not, I've only been there one time. It was very fun though, great family atmosphere, lots of kids enjoying the show that the chef was putting on. I wish we had gone to one when my kids were children:)

Back
Top Bottom