Monday dinner 11/11/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's on the table at your house?

Soup and salad here tonight.
I'm glad I froze some of the bean and ham hock soup I made recently because I don't feel like cooking tonight. :yum:

SO and I took our grandson to a teppanyaki style restaurant for lunch today. It was his first experience. The chef put on a good show. Steven even caught a flying piece of zucchini in his mouth. I rigged some chopsticks for him to use (again, first time) and he did pretty well. His comment was that it was the "best Chinese food ever".

The three of us had chicken and steak, chicken and scallops and shrimp and steak with the usual sides.

Attachments

• IMG_3124.jpg
    IMG_3124.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Burritos - taco spiced burger with onions, refried beans heavy on the cumin, shredded mixed Mexican cheeses, Herdez salsa and that's about it. Pretty simple. Leftovers for mañana.

We had bachelor surprise of Italian sausage meat, "Asian stir fry mix vegetables", and brown basmati rice. Seasoned with tamari and hot sauces at the table. That was really good. I love having cold, cooked rice in the fridge for things like this.

We ate at one of the many restaurants right here on FMB. The food was good; Himself had a tropical style red snapper while I had crab cakes with salad. We each had a dessert; Key lime pie for him, chocolate cheesecake for moi. The food was good, but the view was even better.
IMG_20191111_204556200.jpg

We had Teriyaki chicken thighs, rice and steamed asparagus..

Cold out so we settled for hot cocoa and banana bread for dessert..

Ross

Attachments

• Chicken rice and asparagus.jpg
    Chicken rice and asparagus.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 91
We had stuffed bell peppers using variegated Aloha bell peppers (red, yellow, orange). Stuffing was cooked ground beef, onion, garlic, mushrooms, with a little Worcestershire, red wine, S and P, plus a wild/brown/red/white rice blend, with a little Papillon bleu cheese mixed in. I poured some red wine, a little Worcestershire and some beef stock in the bottom of the casserole pan they cooked in to make a thin sauce. They were really good. We ate really late for us, so no pic.

I had wondered if the color variations were just skin deep or were in the flesh too. Pleasantly surprised when Craig charred and skinned them and we found they went all the way through.

DD's had Chinese. Hub and I shared a personal pepperoni pizza and zeppoles.

I cooked for my two favorite veterans last night - DH and my father-in-law [emoji177] The main dish was two smoked racks of ribs coated with Penzeys Galena Street Chicken & Rib Rub. I also made baked beans; corn bread sticks from a no-knead recipe sprinkled with Penzeys Arizona Dreaming and cheddar cheese; and a side of sautéed zucchini, summer squash and onion seasoned with Penzeys 4/S Seasoned Salt and Frozen Pizza Seasoning.

It was my first time making the corn bread sticks. They tasted really good, but they were tricky to work with. I think I'll cut them in half next time.1111191821.jpg2019-11-12-11-36-47.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom