"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
Head Chef

Monday Dinner - 11/12/2018 - RIP Stan Lee

Stan Lee was the godfather to all Marvel superheroes (Spiderman, etc.). He passed away at the age of 95. Such a legacy!

After 6 hours of fall yard work, I'm glad I planned an easy dinner. Tonight's dinner was burgers on the grill, oven fries.

tenspeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Westphalian dark rye with cream cheese, bean and mushroom soup. Tomorrow the corned beef will be corned...tomorrow.

blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

Hungarian goulash soup with sour cream and french bread rolls with butter.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Yesterday, I bought ingredients to make chicken soup today, but decided to finish the last of the chili, instead. It is going to be cold again tomorrow, so I can always make soup then.

CD
Old 11-12-2018, 08:48 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

RIP, Stan Lee.

Leftover chili from the vat here, with melted cheddar and sour cream.

Excelsior.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:15 PM   #6
Head Chef

I was experimenting tonight.

Had some leftover lentils, blended them and added, grated zucchini, red bell pepper, garlic, potato starch, flour, salt and pepper. Formed veggie cakes and shallow fried them. They turned out quite nice.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Busy day around here, so I cooked noodles. Oh, I also added them to reheated, leftover chicken soup.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:51 PM   #8
Assistant Cook

Leftovers- cabbage rolls, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy & green beans.
iamvics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

We had a burger and later for a snack we each had two frozen egg rolls. I was not impressed with them at all. Won't buy them again.

There is a place in downtown Boston called The Corner. It has all sorts of food stalls and a couple of costume jewelry ones. There is one stall that has Chinese food. They make the tastiest greasiest egg rolls. If I could travel to in town, I would have been heading there today.

I have a pot of beef stew planned for the end of the week. I told Pirate that we might be getting our first snow fall at the end of this week. If that happens, I will make the stew for him. Didn't make any last year. No snow.

I thought I had given my bread maker away. Pirate tells me "No", it is still sitting on the shelf in the closet. So I am also planning to get it down and let it do all the kneading for me so I can make a fresh loaf of bread to go with the beef stew. I wasn't impressed with the way it baked the bread. But at least I can get some use out of it. I plan on making enough dough for two loaves. One ball of dough will go into the freezer for a later date.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:03 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...I have a pot of beef stew planned for the end of the week. I told Pirate that we might be getting our first snow fall at the end of this week. If that happens, I will make the stew for him. Didn't make any last year. No snow...
Oh, Addie, there was snow. You just don't remember it. There are photos from Andy and me (and buckytom, too) showing how much snow we each got in March on this page in the weather thread. And, yes, I know that none of us actually live IN Boston, so here is an article about the blizzard that dumped snow on Boston in mid-March, along with a photo. You didn't make stew last year because you goofed off. Or, more likely, you were too busy dealing with your medical issues and didn't have the strength or energy.

Tags
dinner