Monday Dinner - 12/10/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Beef and cheese cannelloni, green salad on the side. Pasta was fresh out of the Philips pasta maker (2.75" wide noodles), and it's a lot easier rolling them than stuffing tubes.

I taught my wife how to make Pasta Rustica a week or two ago. Penne, crushed sausage, aglio olio, greens, hot pepper flakes.

She made it tonight.

It's already far better than mine. :(

I threw together a small taco salad with ranch dressing, with a sliced mango on the side.

I was in San Francisco today, and I had octopus from the "small plates" menu at Cat Cora's Kitchen at the airport. My first octopus experience. It has a stronger sea flavor than squid. The chef did an excellent job with it, as it was very tender, but I can't say I am a fan of octopus. I am glad I finally had a chance to try it.

CD

Oh, man. Octopus done well blows away squid any day. Especially Mediterranean style octopus.

Clean, beat simmer in seawater until tender, then grill over super hot fire for just a minute or two, and drizzle with olive oil.

The Spanish way of doing this is with roasted, spiced potatoes.

Oh, man. Octopus done well blows away squid any day. Especially Mediterranean style octopus.

Clean, beat simmer in seawater until tender, then grill over super hot fire for just a minute or two, and drizzle with olive oil.

The Spanish way of doing this is with roasted, spiced potatoes.

Different people, different tastes. It was very well prepared -- really tender. A lot of people love raw oysters, but I'm not a fan. To each his own.

CD

Cleaned out the last of the leftovers. Himself finished off the ham-and-bean soup, I ate the last of the quiche. I did make salads - spinach with toasted walnuts, Kerrygold cheddar cheese bits, and roasted mutant grapes. They are actually known as Adora Seedless Black Grapes, but Himself keeps calling them mutant - they are HUGE! No photo of the salad, but check out that grape! It's bigger than the good-sized Diamond walnut half that is next to it. Yummy grapes. :yum:

Attachments

• 2018-12-10 21.26.53.jpg
    2018-12-10 21.26.53.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 120
I taught my wife how to make Pasta Rustica a week or two ago. Penne, crushed sausage, aglio olio, greens, hot pepper flakes.

She made it tonight.

It's already far better than mine. :(

Now I want to meet your wife, so we can talk about all of your shortcomings while you are out of the room. :ermm:;)

CD

Monday night was roasted chicken, mashed red & Yukon potatoes, frozen corn kernels and pan gravy.

roast_chicken_121018_IMG_5160.jpg

Back
Top Bottom