Monday dinner 12/18/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Anybody cooking besides me?

We recently had one of the best sandwiches I ever ate, so Chef John is helping me make them tonight. Since I made the duck liver pate' and pan roasted his recipe for the pork, it's one of the most labor intensive sandwiches I've ever made. I'll report after dinner.
Who has had a delicious Banh Mi sandwich?

Food Wishes Video Recipes: Bánh Mì – More Than a Sandwich

I'm not cooking (much) but we're eating! [emoji38] I'm thawing and heating leftover posole from a couple weeks ago and will make a cheese quesadilla for me to go alongside. DH wants a meatloaf sandwich from last night's dinner to go with his ;)

We had a little treat. Went to the big Asian market Sunday and they had geoducks, so a crudo, fried clam belly strips with a mayo, sriracha, lime juice sauce, and a Thai noodle salad. Yes, I ate every single bit of clam on my plate, but didn't make it thru the noodle salad.

Attachments

• 2017-12-18 19.22.09.jpg
    2017-12-18 19.22.09.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 2017-12-18 19.20.10.jpg
    2017-12-18 19.20.10.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
A double stuffed baked potato, some spaghetti meat sauce, 1/4 cup of black walnut ice cream with chocolate ganache left over from making coconut maraschino cherry almond candy.

We took my Mother Christmas shopping at our nearest Outlet Mall, about a 45 minute drive South --- very nice, but alot of empty store fronts, sad.

We all decided that we were hungry from all that walking and went to one DH and my favorite little joints that's on the way back home from there.

IMG_3552.JPG

Mom ordered the Smoked Pork Reuben with Fries

IMG_3553.JPG

DH had his usual Club Sandwich on Rye, very light on the Mayo please?

IMG_3554.JPG

And I tried their Pulled Pork Sandwich, BBQ Sauce on the side please, and house-made Potatoes Chip,
oh and a pint of my new favorite draft beer.

We're all still full, so there'll be no cooking tonight! :LOL:

It was sandwich Monday here. I had some hoagie rolls, Black Forrest ham, hard salami and white American cheese in the fridge. Plus some lettuce, mayo and fresh cracked pepper. Simple, but tasty.

CD

We recently had one of the best sandwiches I ever ate, so Chef John is helping me make them tonight. Since I made the duck liver pate' and pan roasted his recipe for the pork, it's one of the most labor intensive sandwiches I've ever made. I'll report after dinner.

I don't like Japanese food, but do like Chinese and Korean flavors. I haven't tried Vietnamese, yet. I want to, and it is widely available here, but just don't eat out much, unless I'm on the road.

I have cooked some Korean BBQ, and really like it. I have not yet made a sandwich. It is on my short list of things to cook. Bahn Mi looks good. I just need to make it... or at least go out and eat it.

CD

This really turned out well, and we both loved the combination of flavors in this sandwich. His recipe for the pork Food Wishes Video Recipes: Pan-Roasted 5-Spice Pork Loin – Pleasing and Teasing
was outstanding and I sliced it paper thin. Next time I'll try the Banh Mi sandwich made with crispy pork belly slices. :pig:

Do give this a try Casey!!

Anybody cooking besides me?...
Darn, I knew I forgot something! We were on the road to OH and I forgot to make up a pot roast to fasten to the engine. We could have cooked while we drove!

Instead, we stopped at a reliable chain, Eat n' Park. We each got the $10.99 special of a dinner entree with one side, plus all you can eat from their nice soup and salad bar. Himself had baked cod, hash browns, and diet cola with his; I had grilled chicken breast with a mushroom-rosemary cream sauce, steamed baby snap peas, and water (I'm a cheap date). Back to cooking as soon as I stock Loverly's fridge and freezer!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom