Monday Dinner - 2/26/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DW made turkey meataballs with piskettis. I don't know how she took my recipe for beef/pork and made it even better using ground turkey.

Since she does everything by eye, I will have to try to watch, measure, and write things down next time.

Spaghetti in a linguisa based red gravy.. A big green salad as the side.. Crusty bread to sop up the gravy..

Chocolate cake for later..

Ross

I bought a bunch of pork loins on sale for the deli..we only sell boneless loin chops in the meat counter so I used the larger fattier ends for grinding and made a 20 lb batch of Italian sausage patties..I am going to freeze them tonight and shrink wrap them for various recipes down the road..I brought a few home and am going to commit a blasphemous act and make rigatoni al carbonara using them....

Our din-din.

Attachments

• 2018-02-26 19.15.03.jpg
    2018-02-26 19.15.03.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 107
It was a pleasant 43 degrees here today. I know some wouldn't consider that pleasant, but in Minnesota it's beginning to feel like spring isn't that far off.

So I took advantage and pulled out the grill. Dinner was half a ribeye, cauliflower mash, and a small salad. :yum:

I bought a bunch of pork loins on sale for the deli..we only sell boneless loin chops in the meat counter so I used the larger fattier ends for grinding and made a 20 lb batch of Italian sausage patties..I am going to freeze them tonight and shrink wrap them for various recipes down the road..I brought a few home and am going to commit a blasphemous act and make rigatoni al carbonara using them....
GF won out and we had spaghetti

Attachments

• 28459215_10155187673887401_1923968782_n.jpg
    28459215_10155187673887401_1923968782_n.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Wow...that chicken fried steak looks mahvelous, med and Craig. :yum: I so need to put that on the menu once I use up things that need used up. Delicious looking pasta, Roch!

I was really hungry around 2, so I made a huge salad. Romaine, shredded carrot, radishes, cukes, red onion, hard cooked egg, grape tomatoes, chopped red bell...topped with croutons and ranch. Fixin' to fry up a cheese and jalapeno quesadilla to nibble on this evening while I watch TV.

I'm out of town, but there is a Texas Roadhouse a few blocks from our hotel, so we went out for steaks. I had a ribeye, medium rare, with a baked spud, and steamed veggies. Best part... the customer paid the bill.

CD

We almost did Texas Roadhouse, cd. We needed to make a Lowe's run and the location we went to was right by one. Then I remembered that I forgot to toss the gift cards into my purse. *facepalm* Seeing as Himself was hungry right then, we moved down the strip to the 5 Guys Burger and Fries. We eat there about every two years and now I remember why: the burgers are just OK, and considering how much extra you get with your order of fries, you don't want them for another year or two.

Texas Roadhouse next time - I'll remember the "free food" cards then. ;)

Thanks, Cheryl. I suppose I should stop using pics directly from my phone. I can't resize them so they will be upright. ?

From what Steve said, if you turn the phone sideways and take the photos in landscape orientation instead of portrait, the forum software will display them correctly.
portrait-landscape-03819a79.jpg

I cut some chops off a pork loin and pan-seared them, then made a sauce with half and half and homemade mustard. I also made smashed roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus to go with them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom