Monday dinner, 3/21/16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been cooking Kalua Pork (shoulder, Hawaiian seasoned salt, liquid smoke) in my Nessco Roaster, low and slow with no liquid. It makes it's own.
The sides will be jasmine rice for the SC, wilted spinach for me, and saute' of slender asparagus with red bell pepper and mushrooms. We'll also have coleslaw.

What's cookin' at your house?

Last edited:
Mussels marinara w/spaghetti....
9jMMv3G.jpg

I've been cooking Kalua Pork (shoulder, Hawaiian seasoned salt, liquid smoke) in my Nessco Roaster, low and slow with no liquid. It makes it's own.
The sides will be jasmine rice for the SC, wilted spinach for me, and saute' of slender asparagus with red bell pepper and mushrooms. We'll also have coleslaw.

What's cookin' at your house?

Yum! K, great minds think alike! I just went today out on my quarterly trek to my favorite Asian Market to get me some Pork Butt (it's WAY cheaper than any where else that I've found `round these parts). DH is doing our taxes tomorrow, so I figure I'll make a BIG batch of Kalua Pig and divvy it up for the deep freeze ;)

But as for tonight's repast,

008.jpg

I finally gave in and bought a little Smokey Joe Weber Grill

006.JPG

I NEEDED me some grilled meats!
Here we have B/S Chicken Thighs marinaded all day in Mr. Yoshida's sauce, mmm, I LOVE this stuff!
Baby Bok Choy and steamed white rice, yes, I gave into that as well! :blush:

Last edited:
Mmm...looks wonderful, Rocklobster! :yum:

kgirl, congrats on your new grill! I really like Yoshida's too - your dinner looks fabulous. :yum:

I fired up the Weber and grilled a few chicken thighs this afternoon. The last scoop of potato salad and a small green salad were the sides. The two leftover chicken thighs will probably turn into chicken salad tomorrow.

I'm now craving kalua pork...

We had a Mediterranean-ish supper tonight. Greek salads to start, followed by a trip south to the other side of the Sea. The entree was my version of Penzeys' "North African-Style Chicken" on a bed of Israeli couscous, with a side of steamed broccoli. Each time I've made it I've thought that it could use just a little more of the spices. Kinda overdid it tonight. I wish I had some ice cream in this house...

Yum! K, great minds think alike! I just went today out on my quarterly trek to my favorite Asian Market to get me some Pork Butt (it's WAY cheaper than any where else that I've found `round these parts). DH is doing our taxes tomorrow, so I figure I'll make a BIG batch of Kalua Pig and divvy it up for the deep freeze ;)

But as for tonight's repast,

View attachment 24467

I finally gave in and bought a little Smokey Joe Weber Grill

View attachment 24468

I NEEDED me some grilled meats!
Here we have B/S Chicken Thighs marinaded all day in Mr. Yoshida's sauce, mmm, I LOVE this stuff!
Baby Bok Choy and steamed white rice, yes, I gave into that as well! :blush:

:clap:K girl! Yep, there's only so long one can go without grilling.That's the ideal set up for now, and you can take it on road trips! By the way, how are the new house plans going?

Last edited:
S&P, that looks really yummy!

I grilled a steak for TB with sauteed mushrooms and onions, baby red potatoes and sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.

I sliced up a small amount of steak into my large Caesar salad and had some mushrooms on the side.

We had grilled pork chops, alfredo fettucine. steamed broccoli with melted sharp cheddar over it, and pears with blueberries and crushed walnuts in vanilla yogurt on top.

With love,
~Cat

I volunteered (with a few others) to make dinner for the Master Gardener students at class tonight, so I had dinner there. I made potato salad with a dressing made with my homemade grainy Dijon-style mustard and some quick-pickled julienned carrots and parsnips. I also made a gluten-free apple crisp (two students follow a gluten-free diet). It was a basic recipe but I used cornstarch to thicken the apples and ground almonds instead of flour in the topping. They ate it all up :)

DH had leftover ribs, cole slaw and baked beans.

The last of the ricotta, moz, parm stuffed shells we made and froze, plus some quick, fresh Italian tomato sauce, and a salad.

We went with friends to a new restaurant that gives a free dinner to the birthday person. The place was gorgeous.

I had some lovely tuna sashimi and a massive piece of fresh snapper.

:clap:K girl! By the way, how are the new house plans going?

We have yet to sell our home in Southern Arizona, dang it!
So we have only 1 1/2 months left on our contingency contract
for the new house in Northern Arizona.
We've had 2 crumby offers, really low-ball, and nothing has come
from either one, so...

If everyone here at DC could send a prayer up for us, we'd surely appreciate it :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom