Monday Dinner - 3/5/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
Maple glazed salmon. First time I've done this, and Mrs. T was impressed (so good!). Quarter cup of maple syrup (the real stuff), 2 tbsp. soy sauce, minced garlic, mix with salmon filet. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or so until the salmon is done. Sides were red potatoes and nuked broc.

We had BLT’s with avocado on bakery multi grain bread for lunch.
Dinner was over easy eggs with multi grain toast.

DW made herb crusted baked split chicken breasts, sauteed asparagrass, and nuked spuds. Delicioso!

Maple glazed salmon. First time I've done this, and Mrs. T was impressed (so good!). Quarter cup of maple syrup (the real stuff), 2 tbsp. soy sauce, minced garlic, mix with salmon filet. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or so until the salmon is done. Sides were red potatoes and nuked broc.

That glaze sounds really good, except I don't care for cooked salmon. I wonder how it would work for tenderloin pork medallions?

We're having brats with kraut and red onions on toasted bolillo rolls. I'll stick some Tater Tots in the toaster oven. Done..

Miles to go before I sleep. Robert Frost

I'll be working into the morning hours. So, just grazing tonight.

CD

That glaze sounds really good, except I don't care for cooked salmon. I wonder how it would work for tenderloin pork medallions?

We're having brats with kraut and red onions on toasted bolillo rolls. I'll stick some Tater Tots in the toaster oven. Done..
I think it would be delicious :yum: I've made pork roast and pork chops with a glaze of maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne. Good stuff.

I found some wild Alaskan cod at the grocery store today. We had asparagus and snow peas that needed to be used, so I made a sort of fish picatta. I put the asparagus and peas in a baking dish and sprinkled it with Penzeys Florida Seasoned Pepper and put the fish on top. Then I topped the fish with butter, lemon juice, capers and more seasoned pepper and baked it for a bit. And I made a rice medley with onion, garlic and bell peppers to go alongside. Delish.
20180305_201308.jpg

I think it would be delicious :yum: I've made pork roast and pork chops with a glaze of maple syrup, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne. Good stuff.

Hmmm, now that sounds like a real winner GG. Now I'm thinking maybe maple syrup, soy sauce, and a little five spice powder on the pork.
I also like the look and sound of your fish Piccada..love dem capers.

Last edited:
That glaze sounds really good, except I don't care for cooked salmon...
I've found that if you use strong enough seasonings and cook it long enough plus a couple of minutes, you really can't tell it's salmon. :LOL: Of course, every salmon lover in da house would be appalled, but hey!, I'm eating that good-for-you salmon. ;)

We had big kitchen sink salads and finished the creamy chicken-wild rice soup. I also made a pan of cornbread to serve up with dinner - White Lily cornbread blend to make them from scratch. The recipe says 1 to 2 Tbsp sugar optional, to taste. I did put in about 2 tsp. It took the kinda sour taste I sense when there is no sugar at all, but to my northern taste buds it seemed that there wasn't any sugar added anyway. Perfect for a savory supper. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180305_215339.jpg
    20180305_215339.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 186
We visited India last night. Kashmiri meatballs, lamb, plus a carrot and onion salad, a roasted beet and yoghurt salad, and basmati rice. Lots of different spices used. Even the oil the meatballs were browned in had spices cooked in it first.

Attachments

• 2018-03-05 19.30.13.jpg
    2018-03-05 19.30.13.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom