Monday Dinner. 4/9/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Important Elements

Assistant Cook
Looks like nobody started the Monday dinner topic yet.

I havent planned my dinner yet, but for lunch i did this

got some spicy italian sausages, chopped up some peppers and onions, quick grill*

zqndSg8.jpg

zvDG762.jpg

some mozarella, and basil*

2qVFzzh.jpg

Qma9YR9.jpg

Grands' consistently wear me out on Mondays. They had naps. I didn't. We bundled up and played on the swings and jungle gyms at the park after brushing snow off everything, which they thought was just part of the play action.

At least I planned a less energy dinner. Two chili dogs, cole slaw and a few frozen waffle fries in the oven. Dinner will be later.

Tonight's dinner is a puff pastry shell with mixed wild mushroom sauce, and a traditional steakhouse iceberg wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing.

Attachments

• 2018-04-09 19.00.10.jpg
    2018-04-09 19.00.10.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 138
I'm working on surf-n-turf at the dog house. I have a 10z Prime ribeye and 10 wild caught Gulf shrimp thawing. I'll sous vide and sear the steak, and sauté the shirmp in EVOO and butter with some fresh herbs. That's the plan. I'll let you know how it works out.

CD

Look at us over here! We finished dinner before 8:30! :ROFLMAO: Might be because I made "Breakfast for Dinner". :whistling:

I had ricotta cheese to use up, so I tried a recipe for Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes. Himself had commented last week that I was a bit heavy-handed with the lemon in our pasta dinner, so I used only half as much lemon as the recipe calls for, adding in water for the missing lemon juice. Topped with Ohio maple syrup, not blueberry sauce. Perfect! I found a half package of breakfast sausages when I played Freezer Tetris over the weekend, so cooked those up. Also had mushroom omelets with fresh herbs (dill, basil, parsley) and a bit of mozzarella cheese.

Attachments

• 20180409_202040.jpg
    20180409_202040.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 106
Oh my gosh!
Our day had such the monkey wrench thrown in to it!!!
DH had a doctor's appointment for 3pm --- we didn't get out of there until FIVE O'CLOCK!!! GEEZ!
We've finally started our late afternoon routine of coffee, snacks and an adult beverage... dinner is suppose to be about 2 hours after that!
It's still full bright out and a gorgeous 61⁰ out -- and I just now looked the the time, jeepers I should have had dinner on the table already!!!

So, with all of this said, I have leftovers from last night
--- that's all I got, I'm out! :LOL:

It was so dang HOT here today, over 90 degrees!! We're still hungry even when it's HOT.
SC cleaned some of his small bargain shrimp and we had killer Mexican salads.
I skillet sauteed the shrimp in Penzey's Taco seasonings with some oil
and chilled before topping the salads. The cute itty bitty avocados worked out great from the dollar store. (8 for $1.00) Dressing was a mix of Catalina and Ranch.
Really good eats.
P4090095_1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, let's try this again, and see if the Russians approve of this post. I don't exactly know what I wrote last time, but I think it was along the lines of "My surf and turf was amazing." I spent a lot of time on that post, only to have it vanish.

My USDA prime ribeye sous vide and seared was perfect, and the Gulf shrimp sautéed in butter, EVOO and garlic was equally wonderful.

Oh, here's picture, if it's okay with Vlad.

CD

Attachments

• SurfTurf001.jpg
    SurfTurf001.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 113
I made Kayelle's Greek Thighs with orzo tonight, using Penzeys Greek Seasoning. Yum :yum: Very good. I roasted some asparagus to go with it, drizzled with a luscious lemon-cucumber white balsamic vinegar.

Thanks again for posting the recipe, Kay! [emoji2]
0409182005b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom