Monday Dinner 6/18/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SO was in bed all day with a Menieres attack and I have not been hungry. I’m about to run in the middle of tornado warnings and pick up some takeout Chinese.

Spent 5 hours @ daughters, doing our laundry and some things they needed done.. It was 97 out so, we decided to treat ourselves with an early dinner of Braum's Banana Splits.. I thought about adding a side of kale but, decided against that quickly.. ;) :yum:

I promised myself to put together a more appropriate dinner tomorrow.. :rolleyes:

Ross

Andy, I think those warnings are about to expire. I heard thunder by us, but not even a drop of rain or high winds. As I sit at the kitchen table, the skies in the west appear to be brightening. Also, I hope your SO is feeling better.

We'll be having patty melts on sourdough bread - cuz that's the bread I have. Maybe/probably salads, too. I must think of and bake the strudels earlier, too, right Ross? ;)

Dirty rice and buttered baguette. Dirty rice does not make a good picture, but it sure tastes good.

SO was in bed all day with a Menieres attack and I have not been hungry. I’m about to run in the middle of tornado warnings and pick up some takeout Chinese.

Good Luck, Auntie Em... :ohmy:

CD

Attachments

• serveimage.jpg
    serveimage.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 122
Andy, I think those warnings are about to expire. I heard thunder by us, but not even a drop of rain or high winds. As I sit at the kitchen table, the skies in the west appear to be brightening. Also, I hope your SO is feeling better.

We'll be having patty melts on sourdough bread - cuz that's the bread I have. Maybe/probably salads, too. I must think of and bake the strudels earlier, too, right Ross? ;)

Wait, tornado warnings in Massachusetts?

Well, nice weather here, so I'm thinking bagel burger from the grill again tonight. Not sure which bagel, or what cheese. More fresh fruit on the side.

CD

We're getting them up here in Eastern Ontario now..I think we should be more afraid of weather networks posting alerts all of the time to scare us into clicking on their websites..it's crazy

We're getting them up here in Eastern Ontario now..I think we should be more afraid of weather networks posting alerts all of the time to scare us into clicking on their websites..it's crazy

Since I live in Tornado Alley, here is the thing about tornado warnings. They usually don't turn into actual tornados -- they start to, but fail to complete the development process.

BUT, when they do, they can be nasty. It is easy to get sucked into (pardon the pun) complacency.

A tornado WATCH is not a big deal. It just means the conditions may be right for a tornado to form. A tornado WARNING means the beginning stages of tornado development have been observed, most likely using Doppler Radar -- usually a "hook echo." It may not develop beyond that -- probably won't. But, it could.

So, take tornado warnings seriously.

CD

Last edited:
With the weather forecast for the possibility of thunderstorms rolling through around dinnertime, I was prepared for cooking in either kitchen. I found some not too big chicken breasts - more like Stormys rather than Dollys. Had to cook them inside, as thunderstorms rolled through around cooking time. I sprinkled them with Cavendish Greek seasonings and pan sauteed them. Sides were Cheryl J's black bean and corn salad, green salad.

And for those who don't realize it, we do get tornadoes here in New England, although they are pretty rare. We had one come through about ten years ago that missed a friend's house by a half mile or so.

I've had a recipe for General Tso Chicken that I've been meaning to try for 2 weeks now. I finally got around to making it tonight. It was good, with a nice kick of spice.

LHtzz05.jpg

Wait, tornado warnings in Massachusetts?...
We don't get them often. When we do, they're doozies.

2011 New England tornado outbreak

That EF3 sucker was on the ground continuously for nearly 40 miles! :ermm: :ohmy: Although it lifted off about seven miles away from us, a good friend of mine (who hates any storms with wind or lightening) lives close enough to the Southbridge Muni airport that she could walk there.

I spent a good part of the afternoon in the basement watching the TV, keeping up with friends "upstream" via Facebook, phone fully charged and ready. LittleBit was still around, so I had her in her kitty crate to keep her calm, close at hand in case we needed to move under the steps. Tornadoes in OH are frequent enough you have to know how to prepare - but you would know that, casey.

Always... :ermm:
Ross

Back
Top Bottom