Monday Dinner - 8/15/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have a massive head of cauliflower, and I've been seeing lots of ideas for Buffalo cauliflower. My expired bottle of Franks Redhot needed to be used and is melding with the butter, we have Ranch dressing and celery, and I will roast the cauli. Doing a take on Rachel Ray's recipe. And leftover chicken salad.

We were going to have big salads and quick naan pizzas done in the toaster oven. Then Himself took a ride to the corn farm on his way home from an appointment. Have to punt my way into a different supper plan. :wacko: I love that guy, right?

We'll be having hot dogs and corn on the grill (corn needs to soak - I stopped shopping at that farm a couple years back since their corn isn't even as fresh as the grocery store's some days...). I'll also open a can of beans to heat. No buns since this is not a planned meal. I'll just open a bigger can of beans. :LOL:

Got a chicken brining in salt and brown sugar, gonna stuff it with lemons and limes, salt and pepper it, and oven roast it.

Eat the breast meat tonight with summer squash from the CSA and fingerling potatoes, both browned up in the roasting juice.

The rest of the chicken I'll cut up to make a chicken pot pie tomorrow.

Checking the Tupperware after the weekend. A spoonful of potato salad, frying a few diced potatoes with 2 spare ribs alongside and 3 cold chicken wings.

Baked macaroni and cheese, with asparagus for a side. I've been craving mac and cheese lately and it'll give me a good opportunity to use up some odds and ends in the cheese drawer. Sharp cheddar, Monterey jack, smoked gouda, and a little parm.

Stir fried pork with garlic sprouts, carrots, onions, ginger, and green onions. I was really surprised that the garlic sprouts didn't taste more "garlicky." Also, if we ever get them again, I am steaming them for a few minutes prior to going into the stir fry. I knew while cutting them that they were going to take longer to cook than what the recipe called for so I put them in sooner, basically cooking them for twice as long as recipe called for, and they were still way too crunchy. I'm all for crisp tender veges but the sprouts weren't anywhere close to that. The noodles are glass/cellophane noodles.

The pork got the quick "velveting" treatment in the recipe some of you guys were talking about not long ago. It came out really good. Actually recipe was really good other than the sprouts not being cooked enough.

37240-albums1042-picture6625.jpg

We had ricotta-spinach ravioli with tomato sauce and green beans.

Hmnn I have pretty much all the ingredients for that, would share the recipe? I can make up the pasta side of a ravioli, still would love some tips, but tell me if you do something interesting with fillings?

Hmnn I have pretty much all the ingredients for that, would share the recipe? I can make up the pasta side of a ravioli, still would love some tips, but tell me if you do something interesting with fillings?

Heh. This was one of our "emergency" dinners ;) The ravioli was store-bought and boiled from frozen, the sauce was from a jar and doctored with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning, and the green beans were steamed from frozen and sprinkled with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Sorry, no secrets to share :)

Heh. This was one of our "emergency" dinners ;) The ravioli was store-bought and boiled from frozen, the sauce was from a jar and doctored with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning, :)

Peneys had a fox? I thought they were all much ado about nothing.

I adore emergency dinners, so much of ours are all barley and stock.

I can boil barley and cal it a meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom