Monday Dinner August 17th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having leftover smoked pork ribs and cole slaw. I'll also doctor up the doctored-up canned baked beans (add sautéed onions and pre-cooked bacon). I started pulling out ingredients to make maque choux and pulled out more veggies that need cooking, so I'll make a veggie side by grilling the veggies on the cookie sheet and adding the stuff on the board.

Attachments

• 1439843934472.jpg
    1439843934472.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 147
Too hot to cook today!

Cauliflower salad, deviled eggs, a couple slices of olive loaf and several glasses of iced tea.

I just made a simple, improvised dish of warm tuna pasta 'salad' - roasted red pepper, chopped cherry tomatoes, capers, flaked tinned tuna and its sunflower oil tossed into warm spaghetti chitarra (made with eggs). It was nice...would have liked some greenery with it e.g. maybe rocket.

Pasta salad with grilled chicken, oven-dried tomatoes, pearl mozzarella, fresh basil and a vinaigrette made with red wine/balsamic vinegars, dijon, honey, S and P, and olive oil cooked with garlic and onions, cooled, and all put together in blender. Probably will dust with parm.

I've been a little under the weather the last few days. Dx brought over some meatloaf, mashed taters, oven roasted whole carrots and cauliflower and Chocolate cupcakes.

Hope you feel better soon, Whiska.

I decided it was too hot/humid to subject Himself to grilling. I made garden salads and to-order pita pizzas. His had pepperoni, mushroom, black olives, onion, bacon, and pepperoni with red sauce. (Yes, he loves pepperoni). Mine had an Alfredo sauce base, topped with broccoli, spinach, fresh tomato, black olives, and bacon.

Spinach Salad

img_1432950_0_2b95c5f685dfd2d70b7083acffb0605b.jpg

Look at the right hand side, Andy. I see a spinach leaf.

It does look yummy, S&P, with or without spinach!

I had a slice of smoked turkey.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom