Monday Dinner, Dec. 29 '14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Homemade vegetable beef soup with Gramma's egg dumplings and Malto Meal muffins. A long time ago I discovered Gramma's dumplings are the same as the Joy of Cooking's spaetzle, with the dough dropped by the spoonful instead of completing as spaetzle. She never read the Joy, she practiced the Joy.

We were gifted with a 15-pound country ham for Christmas so tonight we had big slices of the piggie cooked in a skillet. Sides were baked sweet potatoes and applesauce with cinnamon. Iced tea and a little bowl of homemade eggnog ice cream. Yum.

I use a Cajun rub I got for a Christmas gift on country-stye pork ribs. We had them with broccoli and leftover pilaf.

Chicken with wine sauce over orzo, swiss chard from our little garden and baby carrots (real ones, not the ones shaped from broken carrots).

Anybody cooking/eating today?

I have a pizza planned, toppings determined by what's available. :chef:
Well what was available was onion,bell pepper, black olives,anchovies, capers,pepperoni, quatre fromagio and mozzarella
YUM!!!!
And all the toppings go out to the edge of the crust!

My stomach is still bothering me so we had Marie Callender's chicken pot pie. I think I know what the problem is now, so hopefully it will be better before our cruise in February.

We bid on a Humane Society silent auction, and won a lovely dinner at a friend's restaurant. A nice shredded beef and gravy with Cuban black beans and rice, fried plantains, new potatoes with spiced crema (got the carb load going here!) along with a slow roasted pork leg sandwich on toasted ciabata and double fried french fries. Oh, and a couple mojitos, Cuban style ;)

We skipped the cigars, though it was very tempting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom