Monday Dinner July 6th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I some steelhead trout thawing. A bunch of fresh stuff from the garden (kale, Chard, radishes, peas, baby beans). Not sure what I'll throw together, but it will be something fast and easy--definitely won't involve the oven. It is hot and humid here today.

We were going to have grilled Italian sausages but yesterday a wildfire broke out on a nearby mountain. The smoke has cleared up for the most part but the warning is still in effect for people with breathing problems and that includes me. We have the house shut tight with all fans going to beat the heat.

So I may be indoor grilling them on my trusty gridler. Sides will probably be raw veggies and some more asparagus.

Hope that fire is out soon, LP. Not to mention all the others raging out west. Hope ALL of you get needed rain and doused fires.

Himself will be grilling chicken. Or ham. Or both, since day-old grilled ham will be fine tomorrow night while it's raining at grilling time. Not sure of the seasonings or sides yet. Considering trying this spiced chicken with grilled peach salsa over jazzed up brown rice, with a grilled watermelon-orange-arugula side salad. Or we may go with a couple of different seasoning rubs from my collection on the chicken and a light dusting of cinnamon on the peaches..

This is our last night at my in-laws and my MIL wants to go out to dinner, so we're going to Applebee's. There isn't much else open on a Monday night.

It's raining here!!!!!

I just rustled some chicken breast fillets from the freezer. Will coat with pasta sauce, top with mozz cheese and tell DH it is chicken parmesan:).

I thought my daughter was coming with her bf so I am making something she likes. Shake 'n Bake chicken (home made recipe). Caesar saland and roasted potatoes. She has just called and said she can't make it so I invited a friend from work, otherwise we would have lots of chicken left over....he is a big eater so I am cooking 1 and 1/2 chickens..

Ordered in Chinese. Hopefully, they won't deliver our order to the wrong address this time!:ohmy: They had to redo our order. Normally I wouldn't order from them again, but their food is far superior to the other places we have tried.

Ordered in Chinese. Hopefully, they won't deliver our order to the wrong address this time!:ohmy: They had to redo our order. Normally I wouldn't order from them again, but their food is far superior to the other places we have tried.

That last gin and tonic must have been too strong. I read your statement, "Ordered in Chinese" as meaning you spoke Chinese when you ordered. Time for a nap.

I think I'll make the steelhead trout later tonight when it isn't so beastly hot. Not at all hungry. I made black bean hummus earlier and ate about 3/4 cup with celery and carrot sticks.

I have to laugh when I order in Chinese. ( unlike the rest of you, I do speak rudimentary Chinese > #7, # 32, etc. ) Dad drives, let's his young son out of the car to run up my steps with the order while he flips a U-turn in the middle of the street. I started giving an extra $ tip to the kid and told him it's specifically for him. When I go to their restaurant for pick- up, the several kids are all sitting quietly doing homework, coloring or lap topping. It's a family place and the Mom is the sole in house dinner server.

Dinner is Tuna melts on English muffin halves and a big fruit salad with watermelon, nectarines, raspberries, blue berries and Ice tea to drink.

I've done this before and it's really good. I'm sauteing some pancetta, onion, mushrooms, asparagus pieces and adding this to the skillet...

img_1428257_0_38a12f0e6d4054a55e9500d9802d3879.jpg

It contains the most wonderful sauce, and makes a "one pan wonder" for an easy meal.

I bailed on using the recipe's spices. I figured with all of the jars in my pantry, I certainly could find something suitable. Used Spice House's "Florida Seasoned Pepper" on the chicken. The salsa was dressed with honey/lime/Chinese 5-spice. The peach salsa was delicious AND necessary to counter the spicy-spicy of the pepper seasoning. Boy, was dinner good, if I have to say so myself! :LOL:

Attachments

• 2015-07-06 21.05.13.jpg
    2015-07-06 21.05.13.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 172
  • 2015-07-06 21.05.36.jpg
    2015-07-06 21.05.36.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 153
CG, that looks delicious! Glad you had such a nice success with what was in your own spice cupboard. :yum: The honey/lime/5 spice sounds perfect for the peach salsa.

Kay....sounds good, that gnocci gorgonzola is another thing I'll have to add to my TJ's ongoing list. ;) :)

I pulled some vacuum sealed leftover rotisserie chicken from the freezer and added a little bbq sauce to it, steamed some tender little fingerling potatoes from the farmers market and sprinkled them with some new Penzey's Fox Point seasoning blend (delicious, btw!), and sliced up some cucumbers. Mint chocolate chip ice cream for later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom