"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #21
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
I have some ground beef thawing ..... I'm thinking comfort food so I think it'll be meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.

I just whipped up a batch of homemade chicken noodle soup for our little one as the poor little thing is home sick from school. Boy I hate it when the kids are sick.....I'd gladly take it on myself to relieve them.
The one 'positive' is that children bounce back so much more quickly than adults. So I hope the recovery is quick.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #22
Senior Cook

Changed my mind about spaghetti. I forgot I put some white beans in water last night. So I'm fixing white beans with something??? I have them simmering right now with carrots, onions, celery & bay leaf. Will remove vegetables in an hour or so and decide how to finish them tonight. Took out some chicken breasts (bone in) to roast.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 PM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by csalt
The one 'positive' is that children bounce back so much more quickly than adults. So I hope the recovery is quick.
You are so right about that. Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 02-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
You are so right about that. Thanks for your thoughts!
Sizz,
sorry your little guy is ill. Some of your soup and a few hugs will help. Hope by tomorrow he is up and feeling great.

kadesma
Old 02-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #25
Executive Chef

seems like a hundred hours ago that I started this post. sleep didn't evade me after I remembered my sisters advice about taking Alka Seltzer Cold which helps one sleep. I think the prednisone is what's keeping me up. Steroids must do that ,yes?

The white beans and the chicken would make a wonderful white chili. The recipe in San Francisco Chronicle has the best recipe for it. Simply wonderful.

I wanted to mention that all of you freezing there back east ought to move out west, it's warmer here. I feel so sorry for you all that it's so blasted cold there. Then I walk outside and play with my doggies, and remove my sweater, cause it's nice out. Our recent freezes have really done a number on our plants out here in southern California. My cactus and everyone's cactus is dead. Our Palms are too. Our citrus and avocados are all dead too.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #26
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover
I think the prednisone is what's keeping me up. Steroids must do that ,yes?
They can do that, Lefse. I was on prednisone for a stretch of time a couple of years ago (for a bad flare-up of my asthma) and really struggled sleeping. When I did, it was a bad, restless sleep. Check with your doc to see if you can take something like Tylenol PM to help you.

Hope you don't have to be on them for too long!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #27
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to MrBoofuss Send a message via Yahoo to MrBoofuss
I've got some Cheesy Nacho Chicken in the crockpot. Will probably add a baked potato and a green salad to round out the meal.

It's warmer here today then it has been lately. We actually had snow on the ground Thursday afternoon. But, it was gone by Fri. morning. That's one good thing about Texas! The snow can be here today, and gone tomorrow!

Enjoy your day!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Cranberry chicken in the crock-pot which will be served over noodles. Baby limas and then chocolate chip brownies for dessert.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Well tonight will be .....Blah! thats for sure...

Way to much bread pudding and pecan praline sauce this week-end..Way to many biscuits with Steen's cane syrup...Such big portions of bread pudding..To many biscuits...did I mention the bread pudding and the praline sauce...And oh I forgot a double handful(twice) of Zapp's Cajun CrawTators...
My glucose level this morning said "You naughty, naughty man!

I hope all you enjoy you dinner immensely!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #30
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Being ill this weekend, cooking hasn't been a top priority outside of heating up Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup (the cure all) and grilled cheese. I just picked up supper for tonight: Subway.

Mrs. - 6" turkey on white w/ lettuce & mayo

Mine - Footlong Subway Club (turkey, ham, roast beef) with cukes, baby spinach, carrots, green bell peppers, red onion, lettuce, banana peppers, and some (light) mayo.