"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
Executive Chef
Monday, February 5th, dinner plans?

I know, Super Bowl Sunday isn't even done yet. But I couldn't sleep last night and am finding the same tonight. So I thought I'd start the thread, waaay early.

Last nights' dinner was wonderful. {oh oops, I mean tonights dinner, it's still Sunday here 10:56 to be exact]. DH couldn't even finish it. And I even managed the spaetzle which was wonderful.

Tonight, this house has reruns yawning in the frig to come out, get eaten, and be gone. Those are the plans for around here.

How bout you? What are you making for dinner?

...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
Master Chef
Well, LEFSEloverm I guess you're like me-it's one am in the morning and I'm wide awake and even our new wild, rambunctious kitten from Hades is sleeping (her name is Zoe and we love her to death)--we have seafood gumbo waiting for us tomorrow to get rid of. Yum!

The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:48 AM   #3
Master Chef
grumble, grumble, woke at 3-ish after that game & want to cook, tee-hee! i'll probably wait 'till my jake wakes & see what he's wants us to cook tonite. 'till then, i'm sipping 2 or 3 adult beverages to sleep. 'sleepy-bye.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:53 AM   #4
Head Chef
LOL, nice for we europeans not to be thinking about supper first, lol. I have a chili on the stove. Having made chili with real chunks of beef rather than ground for the first time last week I think, it was a hit. Today I am doing the same with beef, but have reintroduce beans for bulk :)
In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
Executive Chef
Right now, it's a quarter after 6 in the morning. I just ran out to start the car because it's 9 degrees with the windchill. Funny, it actually felt like 50 below, but who am I to judge.

I've got 14 pounds of left over lasagna in the fridge. If I eat an appropriate size portion every night, I could be done with it in two weeks. I'd better get started.

Seriously, I'll probably end up with a can of soup and salad in a wrap.
How can we sleep while our beds are burning???
VeraBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
stir fry tonight. dw bought a large package of julienned oriental veggies, to which i'll add some chicken, soy, garlic, ginger, and a little stock/cornstarch.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:02 AM   #7
Executive Chef
Dinner will be stuffed cannelloni with broccoli and cheese topped with tomato sauce plus boiled wild winter greens.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating!
boufa06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #8
Executive Chef
Since my menu is largely dictated by the weather (it's cold, did you hear?) I'm thinking about making a spicy batch of red beans and rice. Sounds like a belly-warmer to me!
DampCharcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
Senior Cook
Just took out some ground turkey to defrost. I'll make spaghetti and turkey meatballs for dinner with garlic toast. Thank goodness I have all the ingredients I need, just don't feel like bundling up the little ones to go out in this cold weather today. We'll stay in all day, watch a movie and have soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.
Finally reached my goal weight- 120 lbs- & never going back!
Flourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:15 AM   #10
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I`m doing a YT-Special-Curry tonight, it`s got chicken, pork, beef and turkey, with coarse cut onion and bell peppers in a chinese style curry sauce with a handfull of peas in, and I slap a spoon of green Thai curry paste in there too :)

So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote