Monday, February 5th, dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I know, Super Bowl Sunday isn't even done yet. But I couldn't sleep last night and am finding the same tonight. So I thought I'd start the thread, waaay early.:cool:

Last nights' dinner was wonderful. {oh oops, I mean tonights dinner, it's still Sunday here 10:56 to be exact]. DH couldn't even finish it. And I even managed the spaetzle which was wonderful.

Tonight, this house has reruns yawning in the frig to come out, get eaten, and be gone. Those are the plans for around here.

How bout you? What are you making for dinner?

Last edited:
Well, LEFSEloverm I guess you're like me-it's one am in the morning and I'm wide awake and even our new wild, rambunctious kitten from Hades is sleeping (her name is Zoe and we love her to death)--we have seafood gumbo waiting for us tomorrow to get rid of. Yum!

grumble, grumble, woke at 3-ish after that game & want to cook, tee-hee! i'll probably wait 'till my jake wakes & see what he's wants us to cook tonite. 'till then, i'm sipping 2 or 3 adult beverages to sleep. 'sleepy-bye.

LOL, nice for we europeans not to be thinking about supper first, lol. I have a chili on the stove. Having made chili with real chunks of beef rather than ground for the first time last week I think, it was a hit. Today I am doing the same with beef, but have reintroduce beans for bulk :)

Right now, it's a quarter after 6 in the morning. I just ran out to start the car because it's 9 degrees with the windchill. Funny, it actually felt like 50 below, but who am I to judge.

I've got 14 pounds of left over lasagna in the fridge. If I eat an appropriate size portion every night, I could be done with it in two weeks. I'd better get started:LOL:.

Seriously, I'll probably end up with a can of soup and salad in a wrap.

stir fry tonight. dw bought a large package of julienned oriental veggies, to which i'll add some chicken, soy, garlic, ginger, and a little stock/cornstarch.

Dinner will be stuffed cannelloni with broccoli and cheese topped with tomato sauce plus boiled wild winter greens.

Since my menu is largely dictated by the weather (it's cold, did you hear?) I'm thinking about making a spicy batch of red beans and rice. Sounds like a belly-warmer to me!

Just took out some ground turkey to defrost. I'll make spaghetti and turkey meatballs for dinner with garlic toast. Thank goodness I have all the ingredients I need, just don't feel like bundling up the little ones to go out in this cold weather today. We'll stay in all day, watch a movie and have soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.

I`m doing a YT-Special-Curry tonight, it`s got chicken, pork, beef and turkey, with coarse cut onion and bell peppers in a chinese style curry sauce with a handfull of peas in, and I slap a spoon of green Thai curry paste in there too :)

got enough leftover pulled pork for dinner tonight and tomorrow night!! :)

225deg for 8 hours = mmm mmm good!!

Superbowl leftovers.

Mr HB invited a friend over and he wouldn't come into our house after he saw the dogs...they are a little :rolleyes: aggressive with strangers for a minute or 2.

We told him they were going to be in the bedroom but he said he couldn't stay and just came over to drop off some beer. We really did feel badly. I guess he thought the dogs would eat through the door. :LOL:

Sauted pork steak, then simmer for couple hr's., w/ crm of mushrom soup and onions. Mashed potatoes, roasted garlic broccoli and making the pecan choc. pie I was suspose to make this weekend. Change of plans - this meal will be tomorrow night - having leftover meatloaf sandwiches grilled w/cheese on toasted buns and sweet sliced onions, cole slaw, hot peppers, fries and chocolate pecan pie - (when it cools)

Last edited:
tonight will be a burger night...fancy *ss ones with bacon, cheddar, salsa, guacamole etc ...prolly with spud salad of some type and a green salad. WIth this cold weather, hot soup would be better but I had that last night and will again tomorrow so... be it!

We were supposed to have grilled balsamic chicken and vegetable risotto last night but we had such a big lunch (fish tacos, black beans and corn cake) that we weren't hungry. So even though chicken and risotto doesn't sound hearty enough for such a cold day (-20 with windchill!), that's what we're having.

We're having savoury mince (ground beef do you call it?) topped with cobbler.
Fried onions, mince, Lee&Perrin, stock cube, dash of horse radish and cook. Top with Delia's cheese scone mix and bake. Yummy. Just exercised the chef's righ to taste it. Wish H would hurry up and get home from work so that we can tuck in!:chef:

Yesterday, I pulled out some boneless skinless chicken breasts (which I normally avoid). Also, I chopped all our remaining mushrooms, some onions, and most of the roasted garlic puree. I sauteed this, and mixed it with a bunch of bread crumbs to make a roasted garlic duxelle. I plan on stuffing the chicken breasts with it, then browning the breasts off, placing them in a baking pan, topping with cream of mushroom soup, and baking until done. No recipe, just off the top of my head (I had to stuff a few chicken breasts at work Sat., and it got me thinking). I'll have to let you all know how it turns out.

No little ones today, til dinner time. So, I just started a pot of clam chowder and plan to make a crab,shrimp salad with sliced celery hearts,avocado, and some small grape tomatoes, just dress it with evoo and vinegar, salt and pdpper and put it on a bed of shredded lettuce..Home made bread..Left over chocolate cake for dessert.
kadesma:)

I have some ground beef thawing ..... I'm thinking comfort food so I think it'll be meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans.

I just whipped up a batch of homemade chicken noodle soup for our little one as the poor little thing is home sick from school. Boy I hate it when the kids are sick.....I'd gladly take it on myself to relieve them.

Back
Top Bottom