Monday, Fourth of July What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
choice between, leftover thai chicken, white bean chili or a rib eye steak. will decide later. ice cream for dessert. it is 85 degrees here already. so no baking anything good.

Tonight I'll be grilling a nice big sirloin steak for us along with some grilled onions and grilled corn-on-the-cob. I might make a salad too.

Just me tonight. Oh and my faithful 4 legged buddies:LOL: Everyone else has plans to be elsewhere. Being nice like I am. Fired up the smoker anyways. They can eat later.

Have 4 racks of ribz going, a 7Lb roast. Potato salad maybe some bbq beans if I have time. Dinner rolls.

Dinner and fire pit on the patio and watch the show.

Happy 4th everyone!

Munky.

Just me tonight. Oh and my faithful 4 legged buddies:LOL: Everyone else has plans to be elsewhere. Being nice like I am. Fired up the smoker anyways. They can eat later.

Have 4 racks of ribz going, a 7Lb roast. Potato salad maybe some bbq beans if I have time. Dinner rolls.

Dinner and fire pit on the patio and watch the show.

Happy 4th everyone!

Munky.

Sounds delicious! Wish I was there, dinner has come and gone here. Almost breakfast time if I don't go sleep..lol!

We had our family celebration yesterday. Today we're meeting the girlfriend's parents. (YIKES! That means this is serious!) The kids wanted to do Hot Dog King but they closed early for the holiday. Plan B is Buffalo Wild Wings.

Happy Birthday America!!!!!!!!

We're having baby back ribs, potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and lemon icebox pie for dessert. I made the potato salad and pie this morning. The beans are baking and I started the ribs in the oven rubbed, wrapped in foil with coca-cola. Hopefully the rain will hold off and I can sauce them and finish them on the grill along with the corn.

Well, naturally the rain didn't hold off so I finished the ribs in the oven but they were still good!

Attachments

• dinner07042011.jpg
    dinner07042011.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 160
  • lemoniceboxpie.jpg
    lemoniceboxpie.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 159
My ribs are coming up on three hours, but they got off to a slow start, which is why they went untouched for three hours. I am looking forward to my first peek.

Good evening everyone,

Happy fourth of July everyone and God Bless America!

For dinner tonight, we had burgers and hot dogs with all the fixings. I made Luckytrim's pasta salad ... very delicious. The only difference I did was not add green pepper. And for dessert we had key lime pie topped with lots of whipped cream.

Enjoy the fireworks, but stay safe:chef:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'll snap a pic later, so here's what I've got so far.
Ribs and moink balls on.
pic1.jpg

Ready to pull off and foil the ribs, and glaze the moink balls. Could've used another hour IMO. I knew I was an hour behind, but I plan on making up for it later.
pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

pic 4.jpg

And the cook goes on, and the cook goes on.

Happy Independence Day!

We had hot wings, tater salad, plum cobbler w/homemade vanilla ice cream. Town fireworks later with a terrified pup! Wish us luck...

I'm not sure if I'll snap a pic later, so here's what I've got so far.
Ribs and moink balls on.

Ready to pull off and foil the ribs, and glaze the moink balls. Could've used another hour IMO. I knew I was an hour behind, but I plan on making up for it later.
And the cook goes on, and the cook goes on.

And a potato...don't forget the potato.;)

I've never heard of moink balls either, but baby those are on my list for next week.

Tonight we had grilled steak, roast potatoes, caesar salad and cake for dessert. I also had a glass of cabernet. It was delicious.

Thanks, Bob.

My buddy next door came over as I was pulling the moink balls, so we ate some and I gave him the rest, he's got relatives over. It didn't seem right sending him home with a couple :rolleyes: plus I was holding back the ribs.
So here's the plate I ended up sitting down with, after eating a few ribs as I was cutting.
pic 5.jpg

I haven't had spares in a while and I've got to say, I prefer baby backs, or loin backs. Kinda like some folks (me) prefer smaller chicken wings. It was all good though.

...I haven't had spares in a while and I've got to say, I prefer baby backs, or loin backs. Kinda like some folks (me) prefer smaller chicken wings. It was all good though.

Looks good from here. I'll bet they were tasty.

we justgot home from seeing fireworks. happy independence day, everyone.

as littlechef said, god bless america!

img_1019818_0_ca0b1d35a089b7132f053f239a6f4a10.jpg

img_1019818_1_6096cb6c586f02f75194b2371c0c601b.jpg

img_1019818_2_ea30c6d02a7632091ef46883048b2ad4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Andy.

I like that last pic, BT. Very nice with the flag's position.
We had all kinds of fireworks going on last night. The night before, too. Some of the neighbors had the real deal. Scary stuff, lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom