Monday, January 19th already

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I plan on fixing fat sausages, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and will incorporate a green chile in there somewhere.

What's cooking at your place?

I'm determined to dirty up my new stove today.

The menu will be something like yours Beth. I'll be doing a one skillet meal with a bed of cabbage, onion, potatoes, and big fat sausages on the top. Wish I had an apple.

We enjoyed the last CP pulled pork I made so much that I had to try and duplicate it. Last night I threw a bunch of spelunked ham and pork loin chunks into the Nesco along with some diced onion, garlic, diced hot red peppers, and a bit of maple syrup, and slow cooked it. Ate some today with my beloved pickled red onions and a squirt of Sweet Baby Ray's. It was delicious if I may modestly say so. Have more than enough to freeze.

I've been wanting liver for a while. Unfortunately the store only had frozen calves liver packaged in those little packets where it looks fabulous and ends up sad once it thaws. So, the liver was thawed and placed in the sous vide. It came out tasting mild and fabulous, though it took on a lump-like shape in the sous vide. Onions had been sauteed until thoroughly caramelized, and then the liver was browned in the same skillet and the skillet was de-glazed with a splash of white wine. Instead of potatoes, cauliflower proceeded with a chunk of cream cheese, butter, and a splash of heavy cream, salt and a bit of pepper. Unsweetened lemon jello for dessert.

~Kathleen

Attachments

• 2015-01-19 18.27.33.jpg
    2015-01-19 18.27.33.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Meat-za here too!

Topped with seasoned tomato paste, two kinds of cheese, red onion, black olives, pickled hot pepper rings.

I used the frozen "crust" I had stashed in the freezer. I cut the zip lock bag open with scissors and laid the crust on a baking sheet for about ten minutes to thaw before popping it into the oven.

2nd day in a row the temp is above freezing. And that means Grilling Weather. I pulled the Smoky Joe from the garage and set it on the back stoop.. Marinated grilled chicken and skewered Brussels sprouts.

I'm determined to dirty up my new stove today.

The menu will be something like yours Beth. I'll be doing a one skillet meal with a bed of cabbage, onion, potatoes, and big fat sausages on the top. Wish I had an apple.

What better way than to break in my new stove than with a dish I grew up on. Smells like home to me. :chef: Now I'm cookin'! That big burner is a dream!

img_1407044_0_4657c46b50805658d53e20829826b2fc.jpg

It's a happy thing when the replacement appliance meets expectations, Kayelle! I hope it brings you many happy meals...that you share with US, of course! :)

Thanks ladies! The clean up will sure be easier with sealed burners, that's for sure.

Kathleen, I still love and envy your beautiful classic stove. What did you finally decide about the wall in back of it?

Oh Kayelle....that looks so nice. I love my big burner too, talk about boiling water fast! Glad you love it! :chef:

Tonight's dinner was huevos rancheros and a side of guacamole.

I stopped at our little roadside farm stand today for strawberries (they were sold out) but ended up with some nice avocados for 3/$1 :ohmy:, so I bought 6 at varying degrees of ripeness. Really scored today, also got cilantro for .50 a bunch, jalapenos for 10/$1, and limes 5/$1. :)

Last edited:
Nice range, Kayelle. And what better way to break it in than with a Memory Meal. Enjoy many happy meals to come.

I made a quick supper of meatball subs. I don't know why I spend so much time making fancy meals, Himself enjoys these quick, cheap and easy ones. :LOL:

Baked lasagna-type pasta (shaped pasta instead of noodles and all mixed up together) and garlic rolls.

Meat-za here too!

Topped with seasoned tomato paste, two kinds of cheese, red onion, black olives, pickled hot pepper rings.
Very close to what I had. I didn't think of putting pepper rings on it, but I should have, since I have a jar sitting in the fridge.

I love meat-za, and I especially love the fact I can get four meals out of one! :yum:

I've been wanting liver for a while. Unfortunately the store only had frozen calves liver packaged in those little packets where it looks fabulous and ends up sad once it thaws. So, the liver was thawed and placed in the sous vide. It came out tasting mild and fabulous, though it took on a lump-like shape in the sous vide. Onions had been sauteed until thoroughly caramelized, and then the liver was browned in the same skillet and the skillet was de-glazed with a splash of white wine. Instead of potatoes, cauliflower proceeded with a chunk of cream cheese, butter, and a splash of heavy cream, salt and a bit of pepper. Unsweetened lemon jello for dessert.

~Kathleen

That looks delicious, Kathleen! Oddest thing....I've had a craving for liver lately, too. I have some calf's liver in the freezer, but it will have to wait until Mrs. K goes out of town on business in a few weeks. She can't abide the smell or taste of liver. Personally, I think she just doesn't know what she's missing out on. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom