Monday July 13, 2009 what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i have rib eye steaks, salad and corn on the cob planned. not sure if the steaks will be grilled or broiled.
whats cooking by you?

I am planning to make a large crab cake. I will then use it to make a sandwich with fresh local tomatoes.

Side will be some yellow squash.

Probably heavily vegetarian tonight since a friend gave me bags and bags full of yummy stuff from their garden. Have lots of sweet corn, yellow squash, zucchini, green peppers... I got some okra, but I'm going to pickle that because I love pickled okra and nothing's better than having homemade.

Last edited:
Beef enchiladas tonight. Going to try making them lasagna-style in layers instead of individually rolling tortillas.

Daughters birthday today and she has asked for chicken Marsala,orzo cooked in chix broth with sauted onions and garlic, at the end you grate in some Fontina cheese, A Panzanella salad, plus a spinach salad with crispy proscuitto,so I need to get picking and toasting and baking..:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Bourbon.......
Fried Chicken....
Dumplings.......
Yellow Squash/Onions...
Corn Bread.......
Slices of Tomatoes, Vidalias, Cucumbers and pods of Hot pepper........
Chocolate Ice Cream........

we are going out for a late lunch so we will probably have a late dinner.

fried fresh side sandwiches with tomato and mustard.... almost drooling just thinking about it.

i want meatballs. i always crave pasta sauce, so i need a dipper.

add-on: jake's working tonite- nada meatballs fer me!

oh, well, i'll have a yogurt.

we just got back from LATE LUNCH at Ihop (now i remember why it's been so long since we have been there). ACK!! i didn't do much more than taste the food and push it away. now i have to wait till everyone else is hungry to cook some good food ................ or do i? LOL

i eat around jake, msmofet! if you're hungry, get yourself at least a little snack! can't be going hungry, luv!

Kind of a Frogmore Stew - In one pot I've got steaming from bottom to top: creamer potatoes, kielbasa, and corn on the cob. I'll fix crab legs instead of shrimp. When I dump everything together I'll lightly dust with Old Bay and lemon.

fried fresh side sandwiches with tomato and mustard.... almost drooling just thinking about it.

Forgot I had some fresh corn on the cob too..

Man, what a great dinner. If you haven't had fried fresh side sandwiches..you are missing out. Kind of a delicate flavor really... but crunchy..

Mac'n'Cheese with fried tofu.

Attachments

• Photo_071309_001.jpg
    Photo_071309_001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 168
Made my crab cake sandwich.

19tcuf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom