Monday June 13, 2011 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh, Swiss Steak...
I used to like the kind with brown gravy, along with my mother. And my sister and father liked the kind with red gravy (tomato based). So dear mom would always make both kinds.
She used bottom round steak, pound it, flour it, brown it, then put it in the oven with onions, carrots and a little water (or tomatoes). The carrots were always nicely browned and the marrow from the bone or two were one of my favorite parts.

Ahhh, Swiss Steak...
I used to like the kind with brown gravy, along with my mother. And my sister and father liked the kind with red gravy (tomato based). So dear mom would always make both kinds.
She used bottom round steak, pound it, flour it, brown it, then put it in the oven with onions, carrots and a little water (or tomatoes). The carrots were always nicely browned and the marrow from the bone or two were one of my favorite parts.
I like tomato based Swiss Steak too. :)

I made cheeseburger pasta with broccoli on the side and rolls... didn't take any pictures... too hungry. Plus we were anxious to watch Ice Road Truckers that recorded on Sunday night.

Back
Top Bottom