Monday June 13, 2011 What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I put a piece of chuck roast in the 1 1/2 qt. slow cooker with a can of tomatoes and green chilies, onion, jalapeno peppers, cumin, garlic and cilantro. I will shred it. I am not sure if I will make tortillas for tacos or mix it with rice to make a casserole.

What are you planning?

artisianal Ital. sausage (have peppers and cheese in them!) with my fresh sauce and penne. salad.

James decided to get a few groceries yesterday, so I told him to pick up a couple "nice" steaks to celebrate his new job. He got boneless chuck steak. :wacko: I like chuck steak, but I was thinking more on the lines of ribeye or something similar. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I guess we will be having Swiss steak, mashed potatoes (or noodles or rice if not enough potatoes), and corn on the cob. If I get ambitious (and remember) I will make biscuits too. Edy's Butterfinger ice cream for dessert. :cool:

Last edited:
Leftovers here. Leftover ribs from last night and leftover steak from the night before, probably served on garlic toast. I think I'll pick up some broccoli for the veggie. I haven't had that in a while.

We'll have the BBQ chicken we were supposed to have last night with corn on the cob. Broccoli sounds good for the green or maybe I'll shred the lettuce and have salads.

I thawed a nice large bone-in, skin-on chicken breast half and will roast it with fresh thyme under the skin. I'll make it early in the day so I can have a nice warm chicken and Swiss sandwich for lunch, and heat the rest sliced up in gravy with mashed potatoes for dinner.

I thawed a nice large bone-in, skin-on chicken breast half and will roast it with fresh thyme under the skin. I'll make it early in the day so I can have a nice warm chicken and Swiss sandwich for lunch, and heat the rest sliced up in gravy with mashed potatoes for dinner.

That sounds like a good plan.

What I want to make - a new recipe of turkey & pork meatballs with artichoke hearts from my Top Chef cookbook (Dale & Casey, season 3).

Since it is game night we may end up with - GF smokies done on the griddler in GF hot dog buns and oven wedge fries.

I'm thinking grilled kielbasa, beans, salad. That may change though...

Grilled steaks, three-bean salad, hash browns, iced tea and strawberry cake for dessert.

The cake is so cool. My youngest brother gave me the recipe and the whole thing is made in the microwave. I'll post it in its appropriate forum.

I picked up some Knackwurst w/ cheddar at the German Butcher's on Saturday. I will mention them to my wife and daughter and see what kind of reaction I get. If I get some scrunched up noses(they aren't big sausage fans) then it will be back to the drawing board.

I had some pork chops in the fridge I needed to use so I rubbed em up and stuck em on the grill with some cherry wood. Served with corn an some steamed chard.

Also rubbed up some cornish hens and cooked those tonight for tomorrow.

I don't feel like cooking tonight so I think I'll swing over to Katie's house, then make the rounds from there. You guys won't mind one more will you? I like all the meals listed so far. :rolleyes:

I think its going to be taco salad here. Did I mention I don't feel like cooking? It will also be leftover night. I think there are a few items that need using up. Rice...some chicken...veggies.

Wait a minute...I just had a brain flash...we're going to have sizzling rice soup! All our leftovers will be DELICIOUS as soup!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom