Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day (USA), What's on your table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I smoked a big pork butt in our stovetop smoker on Saturday, so we'll have barbecue sandwiches. Also made a big batch of hamburger buns on Saturday in anticipation of the smoked butt. I'm just finishing up making potato salad and I made several dozen almond pizzelles for dessert. There'll be other incidental sides but, for just the two of us, we'll have penty.

What is everyone else having?

Hi Katie, I 'm grilling a couple of ribeyes on the Weber. I made a batch of potato salad to go with it.

I fired up the "Iron Horse" this morning...Put on 3 slabs of St. Louis Cut ribs....
Gonna bake a Sweet Potato...Berl some corn...Maybe grill some squash...Maybe cook some green beans...

I finally found that steak and mushroom recipe I was looking for in a booklet that came with my Food & Wine Wine Club order. It's called Grilled Rib Eyes with Mushrooms and Fish Sauce and it's also on the Food & Wine magazine web site. I will be using filets mignon instead of rib eyes because that is what I have, and they will be accompanied by a salad of some kind, au gratin potatoes, and the first corn on the cob of the year. One stand has them 5 for $1.99 and another has them 3 for $1.00, but the latter usually has smaller ears.

Since our apt place has now banned charchol grills, Im outta luck for grilling, BUT Ill be making some form of chicken thighs either in the crock pot or the indoor grill and corn and rice :-D

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day,

Thank you to all our service men and women for all their sacrifices and keeping us safe.

Dinner tonight will be a grilled turkey london broil marinated in ginger, soy, garlic, and EVOO. On the side we'll have corn on the cob, and macaroni salad.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Conch fritters with spinach and artichoke dip appetizer.

Craig

Hey new to the site!
Were grillin jack daniels marinated ny strip with sauteed baby bella mushrooms, citrus rosemary and thyme marinated lamb chops with balsamic reduction drizzle, chicken kabobs, potato salad and fruit salad :-D

I'm going to break plan and roast some chicken in the oven tonight, some rice and salad on the side.

I got the new gas grill today but it is not ready to use yet, so I'll be christening it with the first meal on it tomorrow.

chicken thighs with bbq sauce in crock-pot. will serve over brown rice, left from last night. still have left over brussel sprouts. gonna heat up in oven with olive oil. milk chocolate brownies for dessert.

heres what we ended up with: chicken thighs marinaded in EVOO, lime juice(which my 4 yr old squeezed for me lol), salt, oregeno, and fresh cracked pepper
grilled it on the indoor grill and make crunchy potatoes and corn :) very good!
For a special treat, home made icees :-D

A friend is bring over a few pounds of marinated skirt steak so we'll be doing carne asada.....on the Weber of course...:))

I picked up a skirt steak this past week. Looking forward to it, it will be my first time with that cut. Probably have later in the week, on the Smokey Joe of course ;)

YUMMM! My favorite summer ice cream is toasted almond and coconut ice cream :) But banana coconut sounds great too

My usual ice cream is banana walnut, but I had some coconut milk to use up from last night's dinner and read that using it in ice cream was a good way to use it up. And I just couldn't ignore those ripe bananas sitting there at nose level :LOL: I've got some shredded coconut I'll add, too.
Toasted almonds are on my "things I need" list, as Í want to make a true almond/coconut ice cream.

heres what we ended up with: chicken thighs marinaded in EVOO, lime juice(which my 4 yr old squeezed for me lol), salt, oregeno, and fresh cracked pepper
grilled it on the indoor grill and make crunchy potatoes and corn :) very good!
For a special treat, home made icees :-D

Crunchy potatoes?
I'm a potato fiend, what are crunchy potatoes?

Sounds like a nice simple marinade. I can almost taste it.

Have pork chops to grill and broccoli to steam. Not sure if there will be anything else. Chocolate chip cookies and ice cream bars.

Back
Top Bottom