Monday Meals, October 17, 2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am making Italian Sausages with onions and mushrooms, fried potato slices, salad (Greek for TB and Caesar for me), and homemade GF molasses cookies for dessert!

What's cooking at your place today!

Homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sammies with gruyere and the last of the brisket shredded.

Thinking tuna salad and black pepper and olive oil Triscuit.

Jus got back from my sister's so nothing is defrosted. We'll have a pick up dinner of leftovers. A meatloaf sandwich for me and a salad with turkey for SO.

I didn't feel like having the leftover chicky thighs from yesterday, so will have them tomorrow.

This evening's dinner was take out from my fave little mom and pop Mexican restaurant - a burrito with sliced flank steak, refried beans, rice, onion, and cilantro, smothered with a delicious salsa verde. Yum.

Couldn't finish it all, so the rest will be warmed up for breakfast. :)

Last edited:
Spinach salad and plain mushroom burger...

img_1484267_0_817c1d947f9987a496970be339e2aad3.jpg

No soup for you? Nah, I can share.

I had four burners going in the kitchen today. Three had pots of simmering soup: curried butternut ( a new recipe - meh), minestrone, and cream of chicken and wild rice. The last burner had a skillet with mushrooms sauteing to add to the chicken soup.

A small-bowl dinner, so that we could have a little bit of each. :yum:

WOW, it all sounds great, I'd love to sit any of you folks tables...
I made WAY too much Kalua Pork and Cabbage with steamed white rice
56875-albums1036-picture6418.jpg

[file photo, I didn't make the Lomi Salmon though]
I think the extra will go to Mr&Mrs Landlord for their supper manana, their long day at work this week ...

p.s.
my husband and I finally got to talk with our landlord's this evening and told them that we will be leaving. Mister Landlord asked if it was possible for me to drop off care packages every so often, "yaknow you really don't have to leave" :ermm::rolleyes:;):LOL: he'll miss us (me and my food) once we're gone :chef:

Last edited:
Good looking and sounding dinners and as usual, I'm inspired. :yum:

Tenspeed.....that kale, tomato, and black eyed peas recipe sounds good.

kgirl...awww. Clear to see you two are going to miss your landlord friends, and they're going to miss you. Hoping you all keep in touch and you have some wonderful neighbors in your new neighborhood. :)

Last edited:
Chicken pot pies (individual) with homemade, from scratch puff pastry. Since I had let one of our caregivers borrow the food processor, I had to make the puff pastry really from scratch following the recipe in my mom's Better Homes and Gardens cookbook from 1953. The pastry and pot pies turned out great. Can't get the pic from my cell phone to the computer. Darn, I need to get it unlocked so I can use it.

Last night was eye round roast, spinach, hand mixer whipped taters (DD likes them really smooth) and burgundy gravy.

Cajun pasta. Protein was chicken and sausage. Veggie were onion and mushroom. did one of the "bake at Home" ciabatta loafs from Kroger (very good).

Back
Top Bottom