Monday Mealtime 4-24-2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Part of yesterday's ham will become hot ham-and-cheese sandwiches on hamburger buns. We have lots off different cheeses to choose from. I'll make us nice, big garden salads, too. Might even clean up a few strawberries to have with a dollop of vanilla ice cream later this evening... OR dip a few into my melting chocolate wafers...:yum:

What are your plans for food today?

Condo board meeting tonight. Freezer rescued black bean soup for GD and me and a lower carb/no beans alternative for SO.

Spring cleaning has had me in a no cooking mood, the past few days.. I did put together a good egg salad sandwich for Jeannie tho...

Scavenging through the fridge until ice cream time..

Ross

Craig grilled up some sliders and made mushies and onions as toppings, along with roquefort. My contribution was frying up some tater tot crowns.

Spent the day doing energetic garden work (planting shrubs, mulching, etc.), so it's an easy dinner of burgers on the grill and oven fries. I'll be in bed early tonight.

Pulled out a one pound Dolly breast from the freezer, and cut it up for oven Dolly nuggets with a dipping sauce. They went well with the mushroom spinach salads for an easy dinner.

I was going to make croque Monsieur with side salads and cream of asparagus soup, but my Dad had a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. I forgot to tell him I what I planned for supper. My bad. So, I pulled some meatballs, frozen French cut green beans, and beef stock out of the freezer. The Elders had meatballs in mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, French cut green beans with side salads. I had my main meal at 11:00, so just had an apple and with some cheddar cheese and celery sticks. Maybe I can make croque Monsieur tomorrow.

Last edited:
Where is everyone?

I decided to try making some baked honey and nutmeg chicken and potatoes. It was so-so. I may do this again sometime, but next time I'm going to use way more honey on the chicken and no honey on the potatoes.

Where is everyone?

I decided to try making some baked honey and nutmeg chicken and potatoes. It was so-so. I may do this again sometime, but next time I'm going to use way more honey on the chicken and no honey on the potatoes.
Try using a mixture of honey and soy sauce on the chicken and some kind of seasoning blend and olive oil on the potatoes.

I went to a Chef's Table event with a friend, where a chef demonstrates how to prepare a meal on a theme at a local gourmet food store while their staff brings us wines selected to pair with the food. It was really good.

Unfortunately, I fell down in the bathroom and bumped my head and shoulder. They had just mopped and the floor was wet. I'm fine but I'm sore in a few places. Wish I could get back to sleep.

Here are a couple of pix:
0424171956c_HDR.jpg0424172000b_HDR.jpg

Bummer on your fall, GG... Hope the soreness leaves you quickly.. :)

Is that gnocchi on your plate?... Excuse my old eyes if that's not it... :huh:

Ross

Bummer on your fall, GG... Hope the soreness leaves you quickly.. [emoji2]

Is that gnocchi on your plate?... Excuse my old eyes if that's not it... :huh:

Ross
Thanks. It's späetzle - sort of similar ;) I actually liked the radishes. I haven't eaten them since I was a child. The ones my parents grew were really hot. Either these were a different variety, or my tastes have changed [emoji38]

Thanks. It's späetzle - sort of similar ;) I actually liked the radishes. I haven't eaten them since I was a child. The ones my parents grew were really hot. Either these were a different variety, or my tastes have changed [emoji38]

Ah...ok... one is closer to a pasta, the other a dumpling... Both very good... :yum:

Interesting about radishes.. Depending upon a lot of variables, they can go from hot to bland.. Sometimes, in a store, its a crap shoot on what you will get... When I worked produce it wasn't uncommon to slice one for a customer to try...

...I fell down in the bathroom and bumped my head and shoulder. They had just mopped and the floor was wet. I'm fine but I'm sore in a few places...
Sue! Sue! Nah, I'm just kidding. What I am serious about, though, is that I hope you feel better really quick. ((hugs))

On the plus side, that plating is beautiful! Totally represents the idea of "first, you eat with your eyes".

Oh no, GG - I sure hope you feel better tomorrow and it doesn't end up being worse, as sometimes falls do. Nice plating, looks delish and sounds like fun! (except for the fall...:()

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom