Monday, Memorial Day Dinner 5/27/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Potstickers, Beef lo mein and a mandarin, water chestnut and lychee salad.

Last edited:
:yum:

We may do fried rice, have to pick up some pineapple. Or hot dogs, we need some soft buns....

Our daughters, SIL and grandson are coming for the day. So dinner will be a couple of appys I haven't seen yet, chicken parm with pasta, tossed salad, birthday cake and ice cream.

We are invited to dinner t a friend's home. Not sure what we are having. I made an orange and yogurt cake to bring for dessert. Oh yes and a bottle of nice Pinot Grigio. Can't forget that.

It all depends. My dad said he might come down for the afternoon in which case we'll head out to eat somewhere. If he decides not to come, we may just do hot dogs on the grill. I have some potatoes so could do up a potato salad. I don't have celery which I usually put in put have everything else so it would do. If I get ambitious, I may try the German potato salad recipe I have recently found that looks good too.

I was hoping for grilled brats and saurkraut. It turns out we prefer farmer raised steak, potato salad, some other stuff I am not yet aware of and strawberry shortcakes for dessert. I'm grilling so I 'm happy.

Last edited:
We're going out to look for a new sectional. Dinner will be when we get back. The plan is baby backs w/ Jack Daniels' bbq sauce, mango coleslaw, corn-on-the-cob & red potato salad. There's fresh cut up fruit in the fridge.

Big pot of red beans and rice served with fresh-baked french bread. Potato salad, corn-on-the-cob. Bakechef brownies for dessert.

2 racks of St Louis spares, couple of whole chickens, and a few ears of corn in the smoker. My wife is doing the sides. We're doing this much food in case people decide to stop by later on in the day for some grub. I can always take left-overs to work to give away.

I'm going to take the leftover liquid, corn, potatoes and sausage from my clambake the other night and turn it into some soup with some Rotel, frozen shredded chicken from the freezer... and other stuff.

We are invited to dinner t a friend's home. Not sure what we are having. I made an orange and yogurt cake to bring for dessert. Oh yes and a bottle of nice Pinot Grigio. Can't forget that.

I love the sound of your dessert Lynda, sounds like a wonderful evening :)

I ended up going to the store this afternoon and they had some nice ribeyes on sale so picked up 3 for us. We'll have potato salad with that. Got a pot of tea steeping which will be poured over ice.

so that's where faux fur comes from! :huh:

our plans for a fishing trip were cancelled because dw didn't want to go out when the water would have been a little rough and it would have been a bit cold out.

so i grilled italian dressing marinated chicken legs again, and some hot dogs.

more legs:

img_1270358_0_6ed5597c298504a25d74913c9891dc7e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom