"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Senior Cook
Monday Monday 4/23 What's for Dinner?

Good afternoon everyone,

I've had a busy day of errands and shopping, and I'll be leaving soon to pick up the kids from school.

Dinner tonight will be roasted chicken drumsticks slathered with teriyaki sauce, jasmine rice, and pan-sauteed spinach with garlic.

Enjoy the day

Littlechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
No plans, have laundry to do, prescriptions to pick up and I may feel like cooking. If not there are gobs of musgoes in the fridge.

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef
I'm in the middle of making a big pot of "Sunday Ragu" with meatballs. The sauce is just starting its 2 hour simmer. During this time I make the meatballs and brown them so I can add them to the sauce after the 2 hour simmer. Then it's another 1.5 hours of simmer with the meat.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Master Chef
Site Administrator
We are gonna gnaw on some more octopus tonight. I have fixings for a greek cucumber salad and some ears of corn to go with it.
"First you start with a pound of bologna..."
-My Grandmother on how to make ham salad.
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
Senior Cook
I made ropa vieja in the slow cooker yesterday. Tonight we'll have it in corn tortillas with tomato, shredded cabbage and queso fresco.
DebLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
Head Chef
Andy - I adore a jolly good ragu, slow cooked is just the best. I do ragu when I make lasagne. Fab stuff.

Today we have had home made chicken soup. I boil up the carcass to make stock, add some leftover chicken to it with chopped carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions and brown rice. The brown rice thickens it all nicely. Plenty of seasoning too and some fresh herbs. Delish and healthy.
Gravy Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
Master Chef
We're having Mexican for supper. We call them burritos but their our version and not authentic. I make a meat mixture with hamburger, onion, corn, pinto beans and taco seasoning. We put that on a flour tortilla and add cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and fold it up and eat it. I think I have some hard corn tortillas around so will pull them out too but mostly we prefer flour shells.
I could give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!
jabbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
Executive Chef
T-Bones, asparagus, roasted spudniks....
Rocklobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
Senior Cook
Some kind of steak my Dad's grilling, mashed potatoes that I will pep up with parmesan cheese, smoked sea salt, a little ground cayenne & maybe some Cheddar on top. Collard greens, pinto beans, sliced onion & tomato, Mexican cornbread, & yeast rolls. Too tired to make dessert & I'm getting full just looking at all that food.
Cooking = Loving in SC
FluffyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
Master Chef
We just got back from a long, l-o-n-g, road trip to deal with a family emergency. So I was collecting mail, re-stocking the fridge, unpacking, etc, all day.

Then a friend called and asked if we wanted to go over for dinner and drinks after a visitation we need to do. Yes! She said, just tuna casserole.

It always amuses me that having been raised in a devout Roman Catholic family, my husband was not exposed to tuna casserole as a child. It was the bane of my existence. But canned tuna was pretty stinky back then; I don't mind it now. His Friday favorite was tunna patties made from canned tuna (mine were fish sticks or a hash made from flaked fish and grated potatoes).

She's a great cook, so I'm looking forward to it. Wonder if she'll put potato chips on top, like Mom did?

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote